www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Well, with the Plastic collection set to hit 7 discs by the end of next week, I've decided that I want an actual Bag. I'm looking forward to visiting Sun King Discs here in Sarasota on Saturday. I think the Innova Standard bag looks like just what I need for a reasonable price. I imagine I'll have trouble leaving with just the bag.....Maybe 8 discs by end of next week haha.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I may have to look at the wizard since you and Ryan give your votes of confidence. Other ones that looked cool to me were Discraft Soft Magnet because I've seen so many good comments about it and the Vibram Summit, because it just seems like it would be a grippy solid chunk of chain banging goodness. Any input is always appreciated.
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I went to Sun King this morning and picked up a Fade crunch box in Blue and three 172 gram Gateway Wizard putters in the "Chalky" light green plastic. Then I drove over to North Water Tower Park for a solo practice round. (I'm starting to really love this sport even though I'm still working up from crawling to walking). The bag is exactly what I needed and WOW, THE WIZARDS ROCK! I only broke out the Aviar Driver Putt & Approach twice for approach shots that were a little further out, but I'm pretty sure the Wizards would have done fine there too. I'll give it a couple more rounds before I decide whether to take the Aviar out of the bag.
Thanks for the Lemon Lake Katana Ben. Got a chance to throw it a few times the other day. Got to break it in a bit still but flies real nice.
Might want to check out a Star Sidewinder. Very controllable disc.
I was reading some about it and had even lost an e-bay bid for a few used ones recently. I'll probably end up picking one up when I have more Disc money that doesn't need to go to all of the bills etc. I am very much liking my Star TL Fairway driver for all the tree lined holes at North Water tower. I had read comments by MrDGr attached to his Youtube video of him throwing at North Water Tower park and how he had basically switched to mainly fairway drivers. Since I'm still really working on technique and control I only broke out the Wraith and the Max (when I wanted to take advantage of it's more over stable nature curving off left) on a few of the longer drives. This was as much for practice as anything else, because I'm still at the stage where I get about the same distance out of the TL anyway.
if i knew what i know now a year ago, i would have started with 3 discs. Voodoo, Buzzz, & River. They will never leave my bag. but, my favorite is the Predator because its so versatile, but not much of a beginner friendly disc unless you like throwin overhand, sidearm, etc.
well, the river wasn't out a year ago, but the leopard would have been a good choice.
My KC Pro Avair hasn't been in my bag since the Wizard was released...but it does serve as a hell of a dog dish!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968