www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone have any ideas on which portable baskets are worth the money?  I have seen some homemade baskets permanent type baskets, but they look, well, crappy.  I know someone will say, "pick a target," but I am more inclined to grab something to throw in the trunk when I go to grandma's house (HUGE front yard) or to the park with my daughter, or even in the street in front of the house.

Views: 391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a skil-shot ( now made by Innova). I love it. Catches discs real nice, easy to collapse, and its not very heavy.
I've had mine for two years and don't leave it in the elements and it works and looks great still.  It is pretty forgiving on made putts....putts that you'd miss on a real basket you can make on these.

a DGA Mach Lite.  It feels like a real basket.  I found one on Craigslist bot a little cheaper.  I feel like it is worth it.  I think it is the best because of how close it feels to a real one.

2nd on the DGA
I have been comparing the DGA MACH LITE and the Innova SKILL SHOT. I can't tell much of a difference other than the MACH LITE does have a different pitch to the chains toward the bottom of the basket, like a Real basket. But, i haven't ruled out the SKILL SHOT yet.... Anyone used them both? Gonna get myself a Portable also when the Tax check arrives.
The Mach Lite is SOO much nicer.  I have used both.  Please don't waste your money on the skillshot.  The rings used to hold the chains are cheaper and thinner than keychain rings.  Mine all fell apart and the basket is now a dilapitated mess.  My friend has a Mach lite and while heavier, the construction is much more rugged and it's still a portable basket.  The chain gauge is also thicker on the Mach making it a better catcher.
I have a Mach Lite and I am extremely happy with it.  I will buy another one when the time comes.  It is very portable and easy to use.  I also like the fact that it has a double set of chains.
i really like the skillshot.  the cool thing about it is that its smaller than a regular basket and can be picky about the putts that stick, so it teaches you to hit the sweat spot and when you get out on the course the basket look huge. i'm a big fan.
I agree nick. Those are some reasons I love my skillshot.
I'll 3rd that.

Either the Skil-shot or Mach-lite,I"ve thrown at both and will agree with Nick's statement.Smaller area to confine your putts,sweet spot will be enhanced when you throw at regular baskets.

i have used both. i will agree with the others that the skill shot is a bit smaller, but it is just not built nearly as well as the Mach-lite. one of the reasons i sometimes use my Mach-lite over my disc-catcher sport, is that it doesn't beat up your discs like the metal does.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968