www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I'm going to be down in the Portland area around Christmas and hope to get a little disc in while I'm there. I'll be playing Pierce Park for sure, but was wondering what else everyone would recommend? I've played Milo before, but I'm not sure I'll have the time to get down there. Will Milo be open? If so, is the layout still a jumbled mess? I played right after the National Tour stopped there, so a lot of the signage was missing or moved (so I was told).

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you need to play whistlers bend.. the most spectacular holes in disc golf to be sure.. milo is open year around.. only during the beaver and hab rec is the course two 18 holers.. it plays 27 long holes
Are signs up? Having a map for the 27 hole layout and the course laid out in the double 18 format was probably the root of the problem.
I assume you mean Pier Park. That's a nice place in town. I've heard Milo is down to 9 baskets for winter, so I wouldn't make a point to go there. Horning's Hideout now has 3 courses, including a gold level course. If you want to go to a course off the beaten track, that's the one I'd suggest.
That's the private course outside of Portland, right? I only ask because I wasn't sure if they'd be open during the winter.
Horning's is definitely open all winter. Great place to play -- something for everyone.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968