www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I subscribed to this magazine, on - line, in February of this year. I also purchased the Climo/Feldberg at the same time. While I did received the video, I have only received ONE copy of the magazine to date. I have tried, on several occasions, utilizing the Flying Disc Magazine website's contact support link, and emailed them several times as to my problem. I have left several voice messages on their answering machine also. The tone of my communications were inquisitive not demanding.

Flying Disc Magazine, has not emailed me back, nor have they returned my calls. Has anyone else been "Ripped Off" by these guys?? Are they in financial trouble?

Views: 300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I heard of people being ripped off when I was about to purchase it. you can find it on dgcoursereview.com forums.
They are having financial issues, more than real, printed issues at least. I thought they'd be out of business by now, sounds like they are. I've lost 500$ to a company going bankrupt before I know what it's like.
I subscribed over a year ago now and only received 2 issues :(
This is why they lost the contract to be the PDGA's official magazine. They just can't get their act together on that front.
There is no sense in having a hard copy of this magazine ......... anybody who puts out a dg mag should take a subscription, give their subscribers a key password, charge $10 a yr and simply post the mag pdf. file to their website.
All the expensive and hard to do stuff is done then. No glossy paper, no mailing, no extensive records .... just a magazine online without the expensive hassle. The articles and the pictures and even exclusive videos could be used.
We need to get over the hard copy thing. The Brits have done it with their national dg website, looks great.
Well, I think we can safely say that Rick Rothstein really knew how to put out a mag. I have several years of copies that I collected. They all arrived on time. Rich G. did eventually get me all the copies I subscribed to,
but they took FORE- EV - VERRR to arrive..... It is hard to compete with someone who did it for as long as Rick R. The thing about hard copies vs Digital, is that it is impossible to replace the look and feel of a glossy disc golf magazine sitting on the table in the doctors office etc... Printing out a pdf just doesn't have the same "pick me up" appeal. It's too bad if FDM is going out of business, Rich did make a good publication.
I bought a copy last year at Barnes and Noble. It's a good read but I would have rather had something all disc golf. What really disappointed me was looking for their next issues at B & N. I must have spent a half hour each time looking for them with no luck. Maybe they sold out, I thought to myself. It must be hidden behind some of the other golf mags. Nope, no luck. I asked the B & N employees about where the had them. They never even heard of FDM.

Doh! I just gave up on it. I'm glad I didn't subscribe. Sorry to hear some of you lost $$$.
If im not mistaken (im not) the pdga has banned the guy in charge of fdm (r.g.) from any pdga competition , not sure why but looks really bad.
It was because of unpaid PDGA fees or something.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968