www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Tetsuya T2 Kikuchi of Japan is now ranked 37 in the World Championships this year.
He was challenged at this time Disc of 150 open class. (Less than 159.9g):
He has to prove worthy in the open.
What do you think?

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do not think he was at a disadvantage for throwing lighter discs.  The courses were more about accuracy in the woods than distance in the field.  It looks like he finished right where his rating would have predicted. 

Thank you for comment. Let's hear about the course when he comes back. What is required distance and accuracy are what you need is the World Championships. There are also what you say makes sense.

Good discussion Bucci.

With all the Blizzard plastic now on the market, it seems that Innova have realised more people want/need to throw lighter discs, so it may even be an advantage in calm conditions to throw lighter discs.

I think that a substantially lighter disc of the same mold is thrown in calm conditions, generally they travel extra distance.  The flipside is that heavier discs should handle windy conditions better, so i reckon theres pros and cons for using 150 Class discs.

One of my friends Stewart played the last Japan Open and still has a lot of 150 Class discs in his bag, before that tournament he threw all 170+ grams, so he's found the 150 class discs actually helped his game and has kept them in his bag!

Thank you for your comment. I have heard that I actually at T2. Course of this year, seems to have been a technical course. He was challenged in the 150 class. Courses and technical performance of the disk is pressed so later. Or more players, including the Grand Master for me may be the best choice.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968