www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I keep teetering on the line of buying a SLOW SPEED Approach disc. I am still only a few months into my DG Career. I am still working on every aspect of my game daily. One aspect I have not practiced NEAR as much is my putting (hoping to remedy this if I get a basket for Father's Day). But, as it stands, my comfort zone for putting is about 15ft. I pretty well know I'll hit it at least 85% of the time from there. Past that, I am a trainwreck. Past 30ft, I still try and putt, but mostly a jump putt upshot. Past 40ft, I wont even try and putt anymore. It is just not productive for me at this point. So, with out being able to make the distance I hope for, especially on 350ft+ holes, I end up throwing A LOT of approach shots from 40-60ft out. For some reason, I have started to HIT more and more of these approach shots, or AT LEAST leave my self a drop in. The times I don't hit it, I of course end up with a long clean up putt because I carried it to far trying to grab chains.

Does anyone have any experience with the REALLY SLOW Innova approach discs? As in the Innova Polecat, Sonic, Birdie, Etc.... Are you regularly using them as approach discs and how do you feel they work for you? I would like to look at something that won't fly by so far when I take a run at the chains and miss. One of my 1st discs was a DX Birdie, and I remember not liking it much. May change now that I have thrown more, but if you throw a polecat or Sonic, Please speak into the Microphone!! Please and Thank You.

Views: 221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use the Classic Roc also as my 'go to' disc from 200 feet in and as a putter. But it doesn't really qualify as a "slow" disc along the lines the poster is discussing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968