www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Which one and why.  This is not a BRAND issue either.  Both are strong discs.  I own both but have one in my bag. I am not neccesarily considering putting the other in, just curious to everyone else's take on them.

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I keep a FLX Pred in my bag at ALL times. I cannot compare the two as I've only used a friends Firebird on a few shots. I have nothing to complain about with the Firebird though. I just can't get myself to purchase one because I have the Preds. To me they seem like the same disc.
forget the Pred, Z flick is where it is at.
??? Z pred isn't even comparable to a Flick, 2 totally diff discs. i use both.
crap, I thought this thread was going to be about a new sci-fi movie.

I always like to start with.... For ME... I found the Pred. to be longer than my Firebird, but the Firebird to be more stable than the Pred. Sooo, since I I need a overstable "fairwy driver" (Teerex over Pred for driver duty). The Firebird is my disc of choice. However, if I needed a pure driver. It would be the Pred over the Firebird. So as you see the Pred just doesn't fit my needs.
Exactly my experience and decision.
I tried the predator and I don't like the rim....never felt good in the hand as it rips out......therefore I continue to use firebird.....they rarely disappoint.
Yes! That was the other reason I didn't like the predator. The flight was good, but dang does that sharp inner rim hurt after a few throws.
I have Aced with a Firebird a few times.
I have been playing for ten+ years and I have been using Firebirds since the beginning. It was the first disc I have ever purchased and I am glad to say I still use them religiously. Lots of disc molds have come and gone, but the Firebird has a constant presence in my bag. It is my go-to-disc for sidearms, tomahawks, windy backhand tosses, and short dog legs. I have six aces with six different Firebirds.
I have thrown both disc and think they are both great discs. I really don't find them to be that much alike though. I don't throw the Predator anymore because I only throw Innova discs. The predator goes further and has a more consistent mold. Sometimes you can have two firebirds and they fly and feel completely different. I prefer max weight flattop firebirds, preferably 11x. I like them because you can almost never throw them to hard. Both are great discs it just depends on personal preference. If you like a stable disc that has some glide throw the predator. If you like a stable disc that you have to throw hard and it likes to find the ground ASAP throw a firebird. I hope this has helped.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968