www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What's your pick for the better disc? And please, only people who have thrown both.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like the rim of the firebird better; easier to get a good snap on it. But I am a little biased becasue the firebird I have is about 5 years old chamoion plastic, and is by far the most stable disc I have thrown to date. It has never become less stable over the years and is a good wind disc and skip disc.
I just may...Z plastic?
Is that like a gummy bear gone horribly wrong?
Power based? Try out the esp avenger ss, flx surge ss, esp xl, z xs, z or esp flash. These are all good discs that don't take a lot of power to get them to them to go a LONG way. The only discraft driver though that I throw a lot is the ESP Surge. That one doesn't take a lot of power to throw either, especially in light weights. Wow does it glide. I'd probably throw more discraft drivers, but I just happened to fall in love the star tl. It fit in my hand the best immediately and I can throw any line with it.
Just a feeling more than fact, but I'm sure it's more to do with the diff flight ratings between Innova and Discraft. The reason I said that. Is I always noticed the BIG arms seem to throw Discraft dirvers and throw them well. Mind you this is based on just what I see with the locals. Out of all those discs you mentioned. The only one I haven't tried is the Surge SS. As for the rest, ehh. Seems like I already have an Innova disc that does the same thing as the ones mentioned, but a little better. Finally, what I ment by "power based" It struck me that you needed more power than say spin. To get those Discraft drivers to soar. While with the Innova. I take a nice smooth stroke and snap and away they go. NOW this is just the way I feel. No science behind it at all.
LOL!!!
well played sir!
yea its z :) 170
you all must have some flippy fire chickens as normal champ ones are way more stable than a Z pred. The pred has more glide than a firebird. Firebird also have more high speed stability. Do people cut roll preds?
I would definitely say Z Predator! Although for some reason when I started throw Discraft I thought that my Z Talon was very comparable to my Champ Firebird.

Predator for sure though, I acquired a Elite Z one through a trade even though I had never thrown it, and it has easily become the most used disc in my bag.
I agree with Mark that the Crush seems like the closest cross brand comparison to the feel and flight of the FB. Preds seem faster and more stable than a FB, which imo, takes some of the multipurpose uses of the FB style away. Lots of guys use the FB for overhand, hyzer and forehand short to long applications. I only used the Pred as a distance driver requiring a stronger finish or a lower line. And it didn't feel as good in my hand. To sharp a rim and it didn't sit right.

I did like it for forced S flight forehand shots though, Blair used one as his primary distance driver for that shot as was really good at it.
backhand pred, overhand firebird (Still prefer the Z flick though)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968