www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What's your pick for the better disc? And please, only people who have thrown both.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have Aced several times with a FireBird. No ace with a Predator.
You have to remember they have totally different flight paths. The Firebird will want to start going Left (from a RHBH throw) when it leaves your hand. A is more of a Teebird esque flight because it wants to hold straight for a while before hyzering off.
I'd rather throw a Good Teebird anyday.
I guess I did note this as well. Perhaps they both have a place in my bag. I don't know that I could dispense with the immediate turn of my champ firebird.
Ding Ding Ding!!! Actually I just took out my TB's and replaced them with Discmainia PDs. They are just really fat Teebirds.
I'm happy if I can just get my firebird to flip flat from a hyzer and hold the line before diving off. Turn one over?!? *Sigh,* just when I was getting content with my power...
When I first started throwing my firebird, I considered it useless for anything but overhand shots. I had nowhere near the skill or power developed to be backhanding an overstable disc like the firebird. I eventually replaced it with a Pulse, mostly b/c I liked the grip of the ESP plastic for thumbers. It was only when I decided to throw it backhand about a month or so ago that I discovered this disc's true potental. Thrown flat or with some hyzer, it will fly straight as an arrow for a good 250' before finishing with a reliable hyzer ( I drive 290'-330' on average). And like someone said, it does this while being completely oblivious to the wind. It sits on one side of a Teebird in my bag, with a leopard on the other. Anyone know what it would cost me to get those three in this mystical CE plastic?
Those discs in the Red Candy Original Plastic are a bit expensive. Worth it though !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968