www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What format would you prefer for a 2-day tournament?

We plan on having two 18 hole rounds on Saturday but are still deciding on what to do on Sunday.

Would you prefer

2 more rounds of 18 on Sunday,
a round of 27 followed by a final 9 for the leaders,
or a round of 18 followed by a final 9?

The first option gives you the most golf, but the last one gets you out of town sooner in case you have a long drive home.

Thoughts?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always appreciate the tournaments that consider the travel time on Sunday. I like events that either do 27 holes for everyone (no final 9) , or 18 holes for all and a final 9 for the leaders. I guess it depends on how bad you want a gallery.
i've always likes one round on sunday (18, 21, doesn't matter), followed by a final 9 for the top 50% of each full division. gives those just out of the money a chance to come back in.
I'm usually not able to play in 2-day tournaments but if I was, I would say one round on Sunday (18-27 holes depending on the course) followed by a Final 9.
we have a two day event that i played last year here in MI called DGLO it was played on two different courses on two days. first day we had 2 rounds of 18 the second day there was one round of 24 and a final nine for the open leaders. liked that set up but they changed it this year for what reason i don't know
your options are the same ones i consider each year for the hawk hollow open, so far i have stuck with 2 18's on saturday and an 18 with final 9 for the top 4 open players on sunday.

i think the main determining factor should be the type of course you are using.

if it is short/medium length i believe 2 rounds of 18 on sunday is the way to go. if it's long then less than that is fine.

is it actually a suitable venue for a spectator final 9? imo very few courses actually are- hawk hollow and the woodshed are the only ones i frequent on any sort of regular basis that i feel are.
Thanks for the input, guys. We do a final 9 for our amateur state championship, and that seems to work pretty well. The course is not heavily wooded with lots of room for the gallery to roam. Our main course has 27 holes, and I guess I left off 27 holes for everybody on Sunday which is certainly another option.

The tournament is the 20th Annual Star City Shootout in Lincoln, NE on June 6-7.
2 rounds Saturday, one round Sunday of 18 and a final 9 for the open.
18 and a final nine on sunday seems to be more fun. Especially if you can get some games and drinks for the people not in the final nine.
18 holes on Sunday. Most Final 9s suck although I give a definite exception to the MIchigan State Finals where a Final 9 is designed so spectators sit on a big hill and watch all the action from there as they quaff their well-earned drinks of choice. Emcee Mark Ellis has this stuff down pat, a good time is had by all.
jd said:
18 holes on Sunday. Most Final 9s suck although I give a definite exception to the MIchigan State Finals where a Final 9 is designed so spectators sit on a big hill and watch all the action from there as they quaff their well-earned drinks of choice. Emcee Mark Ellis has this stuff down pat, a good time is had by all.

i agree completely that most final 9's suck. at the 2 courses i pointed out (woodshed and hawk hollow) you can also sit in one spot and see a lot of, if not all, the action- that is what makes them so enjoyable.
a round of 18 followed by a final 9 for the leaders.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968