www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im rather upset about DGRUS and their lack of privacy lockdown. I decided to Google my name and tons of hits came up from discussions and posts from this site. Just a forewarning to all you disc golf junkies, might want to adjust your privacy settings!! I still love this site, its just a bummer that every social network out there is allowing the world to have access to our information............

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So I adjusted my privacy settings and Im assuming "discgolfers" are members of this site?

That's why I don't use my real name on message boards or forums.
Just to let you know even if you don't use a computer, or DGRUS, or facebook, your information is all over the internet

DGRUS does about the same as anything else on the internet. if you post anything in any forum anywhere, Google is probably going to catch it.

even with all of facebooks privacy settings turned on your still fairly "out there" as far as lack of privacy.

heck.. even if you never touched a computer someone might post your name somewhere and there you go.

try www.pipl.com  for anyone you know who doesn't even have a computer. they are probably there. not counting the databases that can be used by the government or law enforcement or paid for that have more information still.

that sounds a little scary.or "conspiratorial" but it's not. it's OK.

just don't do anything highly Illegal and post a video of you doing it  on youtube and you'll be OK :)

Thanks for the heads up.
They try to connect to every search engine to get traffic to the site... and yes, don't use your real name.

I had just joined two days ago and have already received an email addressed from 'mail@discgolfersr.us' wanting me to send my email to someone, with very bad grammer/use of the english language, looking for love.   WTF???

i'll be unsubscribing from this site - that's a shame. 

The internet is a dangerous place. If you don't get at least five spams per day about penis enlargement then you aren't on the internet. You have to protect yourself. And don't answer any emails from people you don't know.
All internet forums do that...Try this, Search what you just typed in this topic in Google, and it will likely be at the top. I can create threads on another forum I visit a lot, and then search what I was asking them and it is at the top everytime.
We had ONE person sign up as a fake this week- erased within days as soon as reports came in. Can't stop them all- she signed up with false information not enough to be sure it was a bot- that's why we have those questions when you sign up we delete dozens of bot attempts per week!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968