www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Does anyone know if the Pro D Nuke is flippy or not?

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will go ahead and say yes, very, without ever having thrown one.
I could assume such as well, has anyone thrown a Pro D Nuke and have a factual remark? Some ESP's are not flippy.
I should not be throwing a Nuke yet, but got a 1st run ESP in a trade that has Literally been run over. REALLY broken in. I threw my Dad in Laws brand new Pro D Nuke that came in his starter pack along side mine. Now, for me the Nuke is to fast to throw correctly anyway, BUT, even my BEAT ESP Nuke starts to Hyzer out MUCH faster than the Brand new Pro D. Not Flippy for me, but definitely less stable. IMO....
If it is less stable then it would be more flippy.

As for me.

When I beat up my NUKE enough,

it becomes flippy.

So, any understable disc you consider flippy? I have understable discs that carry a nice, slow, controlled anhyzer and discs that flip anhyzer hard and faster. That is what I consider "Flippy".
I have only ever thrown the ESP and Pro D. I threw the Pro D this weekend. For me even a brand new ESP is somewhat flippy the Pro D for me is like a 150 Class roadrunner, very flippy. Almost breaks right straight out of my hand. Makes a Great distance roller.
i would consider myself a power thrower and i picked up a  few 159 nukes for the wife and started dicking around with them and found out that you can crush them I typically throw bosses (echo) max weight and thrown my rocs about 380 and you do have to know how to throw them but they do have a real nice flight pattern I was throwing them on a pretty good hyzer they would flip to flat have a nice turn to them and then hyzer back just give them the height to be able to come back  So i  would not consider them flippy, but to a rec player that doesnt know how to throw them they might be considered flippy,  however if there is any kind of headwind involved i would leave it in the bag
I can throw 450 and am not a rec player. Most understable stuff is flippy. Avenger SS, Roadrunner, Katana. Flip flip flip. All I was saying was that Jeff said it is less stable, but then said it's not flippy, which goes against each other. I have a Boss and Glo Boss so I'm good, just curious because a lot of the Pro D plastic feels good and flies well. I have thrown Z Nukes that are damn near rollers.

im sorry i did not imply you were a rec player, i know what you mean the pro d does have a great feel to it, i use it more to have fun i did throw it a few times in the last 2 tournys and worked out well but there wasnt even a breeze,  it did help because after playing a lot of holes my arm was tired and the d nuke did go far without that much effort and worked well for what i needed it to do best i can say is pick one up and give it a try and see, i know that if you hit one tree with it full power its done so buy 2 or keep it in the open field

neither was I that you were saying I was a rec player, just clarifying for the thread
I had a ESP Nuke Plus at one time that was an amazing disc, but I somehow left it somewhere and never got it back. The Z Nuke OS is just nowhere near the ESP Nuke OS. Totally different discs!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968