www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

All I have is a Pro Katana and I have found it turns over on me when I try and send it to Heaven, not every time but often enough to make me a little angry, just wondering what yall view as a better disc and why.

Thanks

Views: 300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Long live Cherry Garcia!
Uh, sold. What's your address? :-) Oh wait, maybe you should just buy it online for a lot less.
I'm with ya on this one. The champ is just right stability wise. The pro was too flippy and the star was too overstable for my liking. The lemon lake star katanas aren't too bad. I like mine for long, sweeping hyzers, but the stock run red star katana was super flat topped and really really overstable. I throw that champ katana 380-420' when I throw it on an anhyzer release and fairly low. Definately have to keep the wrist cocked in a nose down position to get any results at all with this disc though. I think the wide rim translates to inconsistent levels of snap for me. I have to consciously grip it harder than say, my sidewinder, TL, etc... There was a day when the sidewinder was wide rimmed...
champ katana XG would be sweet
I now use my Star Katana for hyzer spikes or headwind shots. It's finally breaking in but remains quite overstable.
I like the Pro better. I can't seem to get the Star to go as far... maybe I do throw like a girl =(
You don't throw like Val Jenkins!
I have had some pretty good throws with my newish 166g Star Katana but without anny, it's a left-turn clyde. It stays straight and low with some medium to heavy fade and skip at the end. But i don't throw far enough to really make use of it...yet
O, but I'm working on it!
I like the Star better than the Pro for predictability, but other than that I don't really throw this disc. I ended up passing it on to my girlfriend, she seems to better with it; I'll stick with slower discs that more predictable.
Ive been noticing this too. If Im on a course with a ton of wide-open rippers then Ill bust out my Katana or Nuke but for 80% of my shots Im sticking with the slower discs. Im really hooked on my Sidewinder but I also have been having a ton of success with my Monarch!
I'll pay 6 bucks more for one that is beat in and ready to fly. Really want another LEMONLAKES star if anybody has one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968