www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Now that they are out at reasonable prices and a lot of people have got their hands of them. What are you thoughts on them.

Personally I think they are awesome. The plastic is gummy and provides lots of grip.

D1, I went with a 164g knowing they are the more overstable ones. I gave it all I had with a tad bit of anhyzer on the release and it went dead straight about 330 or so the hyzered out with a nice skip ending about 380 or so. Only had the daylight to give this one a single throw

D4, 170g thrown flat it just got slightly right and the straightens out at the end for a nice long straight shot. I was able to throw this about 8 times off the tee averaged about 360 with it. I did have it turn into a roller once when I tried to force it around a bend.

Both will be making the tournament bag with the D1 replacing a Boss and the D4 replacing a stable Saint or Sidewinder 

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the gods of glide will frown upon the removal of the saint from the bag.

Sidewinder will never leave my bag.

lol, I feel I don't need 3 disc that fly the same in my bag. I have been swapping the Saint and Sidewinder in and out. I will most likely take out the Sidewinder.

On a side not for Jim I do have another sidewinder in the bag that I use for my big turnovers or rollers, the one I'm on the fence about is a stable sidewinder.

I find that the D4 is a bit different from most discs instead of anhyzering and moving laterally the D4 seems to continue moving forward as it is turning.

D1- $$ for big arm tailwind flip up drives. It's not that overstable, into a wind it flips and drops fast when it begins to turn. But, for me, in a tailwind or no wind, thrown high with a bit of nose-downturn, it RIPS. Got a 475' drive for a 2 on a 500ft hole today and a 500-510ft drive on another hole with it today.

It seems that there are an abundance of discs like that on the market today, for example the Westside King. It is terrible in a headwind but with a tailwind it will go a very long ways. And since I am a weeny arm anymore those kinds of discs have found a spot in my bag. When they hook up they go a long ways.

Please Re-Weigh your Prodigy Disc's.

I Now have 2 that weigh 177+ grams. The marking on them states 174 grams. 

Are these PDGA legal ?

Opps !!!!

Just seen This :

PDGA Addresses Overweight Disc Issue

Prodigy Disc Golf estimates that 200 to 400 D1 Drivers were produced at 3+ grams over the maximum weight limit of 174.3 grams for PDGA Approved discs that are 21.0 centimeters in diameter. Prodigy is willing to replace overweight discs sent to vendors or already sold to players. Prodigy has been working with the PDGA to establish quality control measures that will ensure compliance with PDGA standards in the future.

It is the manufacturer's responsibility to produce discs that meet PDGA standards, but the player shares that obligation. If a disc thrown by a player is confirmed by the tournament director at a PDGA event to be over its legal weight, the thrower is subject to a penalty ranging from 2 throws to disqualification depending on the severity of the infraction. Please think twice about knowingly using overweight discs so we can keep the playing field fair for all players in PDGA events.

NO...there was a link or discussion on the PDGA site about it http://www.pdga.com/announcements/pdga-addresses-overweight-disc-issue. You get them replaced asap!

NOWHERE near as understable as a King, however

This is another reason I went lighter on mine, I might pic up some heavier ones not that the "First Runs" are out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968