www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm taking a poll for my own curiousity; Is it out of line or rude for a golfer to indulge in the musky goodness of marijuana on the back nine.

Views: 41

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

In a tournament yes, it is bad for the sport.

However in a rec. round it is a personal choice, just be kind enough to keep as much out of site as possable
Normally I am on the last or second to last score card in the intermediate division during the second round. So the people I mostly play basicly treat it like a rec round. So normally we dont care if someone smokes or if we swear or anything like that. We all just out there to have a good time. If your a good player and on the top score cards then it might be a little out of line.
I personally find it offensive. If you're on your own or in a group that does that, fine, so long as you don't get obnoxious or loud in doing so. If you're with me, I'd say no-go. I'm 20 and have yet to smoke weed with no plans to do so, so...it's a personal choice. If you're with anyone who doesn't partake in the 'experience', it is probably a good idea to keep them from smelling the second-hand smoke. : )
It's only okay if you bring enough for the rest of the class to enjoy ;)
you just got to pick and choose your places to smoke. I love to smoke but sometimes it kinda throws me off or it turns my game up. my biggest concern is just kids, it's not cool to be blowing smoke while there are kids in sight. but get lifted man
No when to say when
I totally agree with this statement. I have no issue with people wanting to get high on the course. I just would like to be able to take my kid to the course without the fear of someone blowing any kind of smoke in his face. I also hate for a group of smokers to slow down the speed of play for a non-smoker. When I am in the zone, I want to keep moving.
If no one sees you,its ok.
Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.
Ask first, Should always be the course of action. I don't care for it, but I understand that its there and its part of how I was introduced to the sport.

In Michigan where I am at and in many other states, It's not too much of a problem anymore. As far as I consider it, you have a medical prescription for it unless you tell me otherwise.

I shouldn't have to worry about getting a ticket if someone else is smoking just because I am sitting by you. The day I do get a ticket for sitting next to someone with it, I will have major problems though.
Ediquite. Really? Can't anyone spell anymore or have you been hitting the pipe early in the morning?

Anyway, if you bring up the subject of marijuana on the forum you will start the usual debate. It's bad for the sport. It's not as bad as booze. It's illegal. This subject has been hashed out more than once on this site.

The lowdown is that in a tournament it's a definite no. It really doesn't matter what card you are on or what division you play. Don't disrespect the tournament or those running it. If you must do it then sneak off behind a tree and be very discreet (I'm not recommending this). Wait till the end of the round and then sneak off to your car. It is highly frowned upon (no pun intended). Better yet if you leave the course to take care of business.

League play or casual play it really matters who you are playing with. In league a lot of players smoke and they are neither blatant nor foolish. And most everyone knows who smokes and who does not. It's not much of an issue for us. In casual play I think that you should not just light up around people you don't know or who are not friends because they may get offended. Respect their wishes and they will be more likely to respect yours. You should always ask.
Jim ,I agre with your third and fourth paragraph.From reading your first and second I think your a jerk!

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968