www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm taking a poll for my own curiousity; Is it out of line or rude for a golfer to indulge in the musky goodness of marijuana on the back nine.

Views: 33

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

How do the first two paragraphs make me a jerk? I get tired of people who don't know the English language. I too have partaken in the substance in question but yet I do take time to spell things correctly and use the English language in an appropriate manner. It really isn't a matter of whether or not you smoke. It just matters whether you spell correctly. The pipe in the morning remark was an attempt at a little humor (whether you or the OP finds it funny or not).

The second paragraph merely states the fact that this subject has been hashed out over and over again on this site and the three things that I cited are always the three things that come up. It's like here we go again. The fact is that I generally have a beer before league and I also might share in a pipe during the round. But I understand that my actions will not only be seen by those in my group but also by the general public that shares the use of the park. If I act in a stupid manner it could reflect badly not only on myself but on the sport as a whole.

My apologies to Jack if he took offense with my spelling remark. It just seems more and more that the norm online is to not care about language anymore. I'm not going to be the language police here.

And Steve why don't you stop by our course sometime and I'll share a beer with you.
Im in recovery and not ashamed to admit it. It doesnt bother me when people smoke the "herb" or drink but.........I dont endorse it either. I would rather not witness it during discgolf or any other recreational activity that Im apart of but it happens all the time. Whatever I guess, who am I to tell them not to. I smoked wherever the hell I wanted to when I was using.

What is WAY OUT OF LINE IS when you approach a basket and there are some complete IDIOTS breaking up there source of.........."reality relief" on a disc on top of the basket. I say lookout because Im rippin em right at the basket. Completely uncalled for and when I bring my little boy out there, I better not be witnessing this behavior because I will in fact come "unglued" next time I see you doing that. Consider that a warning because my little man comes first and youngsters do not need to be exposed to this during recreational activities. Period..........
I dont really care what others do but the image it gives kids dont set good with me I play with my kids that is why I started playing, so we could have fam time outside I would not be happy if I seen it at my park with my kids. there is time for all, public is not the time
I know guys who smoke on every hole !!!
why...are they performing enhancing? ;)
Not in front of kids.
It doesn't bother me, but I think it's nice when they ask me first. If it's OK if they spark. I must say though. The stigma is huge! When I try to get people to try the game out. That's always the first thing they think of or bring up. Who am I to ruin somebodies nice day out in the woods?
JMHO - If in doubt, don't. Many of the courses that I play are open to the public and often shared with non-golfers and if you're seen to be having too much fun a bad impression is created with the general public.
well put. stay strong on your road to recovery my Wharf Rat friend. i'm not opposed to it, cuz i can appreciate good herb, but i too am a dad. first thing is first, and when i bring my son to the course i don't want him to be exposed to something he shouldn't be at 8 yrs old.
I'm the same way about cigarettes. It took me 40 years of playing to realize it's MY responsibility to stand upwind.
So once in Vegas, playing the Gentlemens Club I waited till between rounds to sneak over to my van and puff. It was kinda windy so I didn't think the family picnicking 30 feet upwind would mind. I'm still holding my second toke when the dad (about 30) walks up to the passenger side and kindly informs me that it's STILL a Felony in Nevada and he's an offduty LV cop and "Please don't make me do my job."

Yes. Sir.
Sometimes . . . . . . . . .

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968