www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

im really curious about the discraft pulse. my nephew just bought one and it seems like a great disc. any word?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I love the Pulse especially for overhand, thumber and tomahawk. I throw them very straight when new, with a little fade towards the end RHBH. Once you beat it in a little the Pulse will get very flippy, almost like an Avenger SS. I basically only use them for overhand throws now, but they do fly great before they get a little beat in.
thanks man! how long did it take you to beat it in?
it's next to try for me. word is the most recent run is supurb
Mike said:
Yeah, I love the Pulse especially for overhand, thumber and tomahawk. I throw them very straight when new, with a little fade towards the end RHBH. Once you beat it in a little the Pulse will get very flippy, almost like an Avenger SS. I basically only use them for overhand throws now, but they do fly great before they get a little beat in.

I have only thrown a few but I had them in my bag as my overstable driver for a while and I would say it has a little more stability than what you said as they hold up pretty well in wind when new. Also I had mine for 3 months before replacing it and it still wasn't what I would call flippy. I may try it out again but right now the Force works just fine.
My current one was definately less stable than any of my Forces' when new. And getting them beat in for me takes about, mmm, I would say around 6 months. But keep in mind it can depend a lot on what type of courses you play and also how hard you throw the disc, and how often you use it. Many of the courses I play are heavily wooded, lots of low tunnel shots, very easy to smack a tree on the edge of a fairway. The other one I mainly use for overhand shots broke in around the one month mark, but that throw really beats up a disc no matter what, hence why I designate a disc to it.

speshelj said:
thanks man! how long did it take you to beat it in?
how do i identify the latest run? what would be a good weight for good wind stability without being too overstable?
around 170, but it shouldn't really affect it too much. If it is that windy I would throw somthing more overstable.

speshelj said:
how do i identify the latest run? what would be a good weight for good wind stability without being too overstable?
sweet, i prefer 170 in my plastic. how do i identify the latest run?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968