www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I could use some advice on what putters seem to handle very windy (gusting and strong and changing direction) conditions the best.

I currently putt with a straddle stance and a Discraft GT Banger (174) and when it's windy tend to throw harder with more anhyzer to keep it flat as possible.

Can anybody help me get better at this part of the game?

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use a Rhyno in the wind. But I would have to agree that it is putting style over disc choice. Just try not to show the bottom of the disc to the wind is the best advice I think.
If you really want to go for it into heavy winds in the least risky way in terms of where you might end up if you miss, backhand with the putter upside down. You've got to practice the angle of release before doing it in competition. But it's a geezer trick from way back. With the disc upside down, its aerodynamics make it want to go down so it counteracts the lifting force from the headwind.
I normally putt with an Omega SS, which can be flippy in a serious headwind, so I still putt with it in a tailwind, however when the wind is right in my face, I switch and putt with a Sirius 1.1 putt and approach.
I also like what Chuck said about putting with your putter upside down, but practice it first.
Man I saw the open guys putting with their drivers scoobie style this past weekend on Saturday in mckinney Tx.
The Latitude 64 Sinus SP or the AP. I found the the AP works better in the windier conditions and you don't have to put much hyser on it.
pro pig all the wya and thanks for putting up the thread i have learned some pointers
thanks for the tips guys i know what i'll be practicing this week!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968