www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I putt with a supersoft wizard which is slightly stable and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on any putters that are a little more understable? Also wanted to try out the soft APX and wondering if anyone had like 3-4 of them for a reasonable deal.

Thanks Ricky

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Gateway Warlock is Super Straight with little fade at the end.
ok thanks
i love the warlock. lot of talk about it lately. the voodoo is great too. omega supersofts are basically the same as warlocks as well. plenty of people out there love omegas. i'm one of them.
classic dx aviar,omega,
Classic Aviar is the straightest putter I've used and I've tried a ton including the APX. There is a difference between Classic Aviar and reg. Aviar. Classic Aviar has the 80's grid background and is rated with 0 fade and 0 turn. Reg. Aviar AP is rated 0 turn with 1 fade.

Also would be a easier switch cause Aviar is just like the Wizards and Warlock is just a smaller bead Wizard.
gateway magic is understable.

let me know if y9ou want any gateway discs ill hook you up.
this is true, just like Aviars/Omega and understable Wizard/Warlock. I also find Classic Aviars and reg. Aviars both handle well in wind too and handle the same in it (even though the Classic is slightly less stable). Then there are the KC and JK Aviars that are rated 0 turn with 2 fade. So more overstable then the reg. Aviars and the Classic Aviars. So you could have a range if you like.

I was a Discraft guy until bought Classic Aviars (that and trying out Wraith's helped, great both backhand and sidearm), make long ass putts much easier. My Classic Aviar hits chains more then all the other putters I've tried in all ranges. I've tried: APX (more straight then magnets, horrible in wind), Banger GT (pro d, esp, soft eliteX), Magnet (soft and hard), Challenger (pro d and Flx), Birdie (straight bad in wind), Magic (straight bad in wind), Arrow, Aero, Zone, Ryno, Aviar, Classic Aviar, Voodoo (briefly), Wizard (briefly), Rattler, (straight but like a catch disc and handles like shit in the wind), Omega SS, Omega AP, I'm sure there is others I've tried just can't think of them.

I hit like a 50ft or so putt on 5th hole in on first round I tried the Classic Aviar, first one bounced one bounce off basket, 2nd landed right on pole and dropped. I feel like the typical Aviar going on player, but the Classic version is amazing.

Coolhand said:
i love the warlock. lot of talk about it lately. the voodoo is great too. omega supersofts are basically the same as warlocks as well. plenty of people out there love omegas. i'm one of them.
Yeah!!! Beatz knows.....SS Magic!!!!
Omega, Aviar Putter, Challenger and Warlock are all similar in design and flight. They are straight, or slightly understable. I like the Omega, because it has almost no bead, and the wide array of plastic, from rediculously soft to pretty rigid. Big beads (like JK&Climo aviars, and Wizard) are more stable. Softer plastic seems to be less stable, or breaks in sooner, or turns right more for right-handed backhand putts. Lighter putters tend to flip and blow away. Also try Innova XD-may have too much glide, or Innova's Polecat if you can get a good grip. See if your golf buddies have old, broken-in putters for you to try. I could sell you some if you want - Cheap!
yea beatz that would be sweet if you coujld hook me up with some wizards do you have like 3 supersoft wizards because thats what i would need.

Thanks Ricky
Thanks Poetic Logic for giving me a summary about every putter jk lol but Thanks. That was very helpful
I use to swear by my Wizard. Great in the wind, but it was not a finess putter. I've switched to the APX swirl and I love the feel of them. I'm hitting more 25'+ putts since the change. The glide on the APX is better. So it seems I can stay in control better and not have to put as much "muscle" in my putts. The bad part is that they seem to turn over when it's windy, but I'm still learning the disc. It's hard to find the APX (thanks Hero!) I understand that the DGA Titanic or Reef, not sure which one is made from the APX mold. Similar disc's to the APX......Try the Warlock or the Aviar(beadless)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968