www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

with a wide open putt I wss told that your accuracy will be better putting with a hyzer shot. Any truth to that?

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If youre more accurate with a hyzer putt hen yes....
find your own game and stick with that.if it was a putt then putt straight at the chains,if an approach shot just from outside your putting distance,then a hyzer shot with a roc would work,works for me outside my putting distance.
I tend to use a hyzer putt with a tail or head wind. To cut down on the wind messing with it. Mind you I still throw it dead straight (no true fade on the putt). This was taught to me by a local pro and it has worked well for me, but on non windy days I throw as flat as possible. However, I've never heard of putting with a constant hyzer angle. Does not mean it's not true, I've just never heard that.
Dave Feldberg and Nikko Locastro have a hyzer angle on their putt. Nate Doss and Matt Orum putt flat and straight. These guys are in the top 10 in the world.
Actually my friend who told me this said he went to a feldberg putting clinic and that's where he heard it.
use what works best for you
i find that wind conditions affect me. if i'm using my Wizard or Voo-Doo then a hyzer works best, but if i use my ION then i need to go right at the chains.
Second that straight putt shot using the ION,grabs chains great.
lol, ya right, exact reason why i stopped using the ion, it kept chaining out. i had a friend on my card this past weekend that just switched to them, and after chaining out 6 times in 1 round, he's 2nd guessing that disc as well.
I've heard different arguments. Some say you shouldn't hyzer putt because you lessen the surface area of the disc that is striking chains. So I wouldn't go too extreme with the angle.

That said, I've watched a putting clip with Climo where he talks about putting with hyzer. He says for him it elimates the left or right misses. He also plays the wind with it.

I tend to go flat as much as I can... and I find the wind messes with it less in crosswinds so that's what I practice most. The times I've tried hyzer putting in practice I have found that I seem to get a really clean release. Almost like that's the body's natural inclination when you use the putting motion. So I go back and forth some. I also vary my putting style based on the landing angle to mitigate rollaways if I miss.
Thankyou Dr. Disc
Putting in the wind I always just try to not show the bottom of the disc to the wind and it has worked realy well so far.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968