www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I really need help with my putting. I have watched many videos but I was just wondering what you guys do for putting. I can consistently make putts inside 20ft but outside of that it is really bad. I have a new 174 ss wizard, a 150 dx avair, and a 172 soft magnet. Any input on stance or anything else would really help.

Thanks  

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Putting is a lot about feel.I put with a Meteor midrange and an all purpose Spider.Keep practicing.
find out which disc feels best in your hand and use it, stick to it, build confidence with it. Practice a variety of stances from 5, 10, 15, 20ft etc away. if you start missing move closer; make ten in a row move back. whatever you choose get 2 or 3 of the same one and keep using them both for practice.
There are many disc's and throwing styles for putting, but as was said it's about how it feels for you. I putt with a 174g Gateway Magic, and thats the only putter I use. I might be wrong and I am sure I'll hear about it if I am... or even if I am right :)

But I like only having one kind of putter. The reason for this is that every putter flies to different, making it hard to adjust after a shoot.... I say get 2 or 3 of one putter, putt, if you miss you can adjust and know the disc well fly almost the same.

Go out twice in a day and putt for around 15 min each time, no need to over do it!
If you are hitting them from 20' them warm up there then move out, but only a few feet! If you start missing more then a few move back in to where you can make them.... no reason to learn how to miss, lets learn how to nail them!

And I know you said you watched vid on you tube, but what helped me most and I think where I got most of these from is the Discraft vid on youtube with Mark Ellis!

Thank you Mark, because of you and many hours of putting I hit the mark most of the time!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq_bh_GtjtQ&p=411FBD863819FF9B&a...

I had not watch this in two years.... but after talkign about it I am going to watch it again and go though the training program again.
Thank you...I watched the video and I think I will go through the program
a ton of time at the practice basket
i concur, basket is about to get a little more banged up!! Program starting, day #1 is tomorrow!!!

Find your balance first and then put the disc in the basket. Follow through. Drink more beer. Hand to the basket.
Practice, Practice, Practice

I use to struggle with 20 footers. I know nail them. I expect to make everything within 25 feet, and nail most my 30 footers. I am not good at much past 35.
Once you find the putter you like get 2 of them and use one EXCLUSIVELY for putting and nothing else , use the other for putter approach shots. You don't want your go to putter smashing trees etc. just chains ! Get yourself a pre-putt routine and stick to it for every putt from every distance. If you can putt good at those baskets you'll have no problem LOL!
Don't overthink it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968