www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

For those of you who know I work at The Walldorff Brewpub and Bistro in Hastings, Mi and the owner was gracious enogh to let me run a putting league in our ballroom. Well last year we had random draw doubles $5 per person and played horse shoes. It was fun but the main issue I did not like was using other peoples putters. I started this thinking what a great way to practice putting in the winter, but using random putters I don't think helped as much as using my own would have.
If you guys/gals played in a winter league how would you do it or like to see it done? Averages kept? Most wins? Points system? Prizes at the finals? Different divisions?
Let me know and if anyone is interested we will be starting on Jan 20th @ 6:00 beer/pizza specials
My # is 231-624-0878
CHEERS

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anything?
Singles will take to long, having to walk back and forth throwing and retirieving discs. There are too many people, it will take all night. Just tell you partner that the two of you are using your putters. Everyone there uses Aviars anyways.
Yeah,
I am disappointed that Hasting is two hours from my house. The number of the microbrews in my neigborhood is, ...let me calculate this precisely...zero. The number microbrews hosting putting sessions in my neighborhood is... now let me make sure I have this down to the enth degree...none.

The discgolfscene.com website claimes the are 42 courses within 50 miles of my home but the number of micro brews hosting putting sessions in the middle of Winter, close to my home was.....zipolla point zilch.

There is something decidedly wrong with this picture.
All good ideas. Keep them coming. The first couple of weeks in Jan will be open play(random draw) like last year. I was going to use those weeks to get some opinions from everyone and if we do anything like a league it will start the first week of Febuary.
For singles I was thinking that 4 people can still play on two baskets but would have to walk. We would just rotate each time after we putt. Then everone would get to use their own putters and it wouldn't take any longer than last year.
Trevor Thorp said:
Singles will take to long, having to walk back and forth throwing and retirieving discs. There are too many people, it will take all night. Just tell you partner that the two of you are using your putters. Everyone there uses Aviars anyways.
Tonight is the start of Putting League at the Walldorff in Hstings.

we do this in my store JUST DISC GOLF i have tons of games.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968