www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Thinking of starting a putting league in our chruch gym.  What are some formats for putting leagues and/or putting games that you've done or heard of?  What's your favorite?  What works best?

Thanks

Tags: games, league, putting

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Perfect putt 360, look it up, its amazing!
I haven't played this (or even heard of it before) but I looked it up and it looks awesome!  Looking forward to giving it a try!
I have never heard of this either.  Looks like it could be very helpful.  Thanks Gary

Disc-shoes  set two targets about 30' or 40' apart.  Then just like horseshoes: two teams of two each with two discs.

In the basket = 3 points

Off the chains = 2 points

Off any part of the target other then chains = 1 point

Also set a lite weight portable on a basketball hoop (use cable ties to secure) and see who can make the most puts from the 3 point line.

Do the reverse and have people shoot from the top of the bleachers at a target on the floor.

Set a target 10' - 15' on one side of a volleyball net put a masking tape line 10' beyond on the other side of the net and try to make puts that go either under or over the net.

Play the game of D-I-S-C, just like you would play H-O-R-S-E in basketball.
when I play disc golf Horseshoes we usually have 3 putters and 30-40 feet apart.  You get one point per made putt and if you make all 3 you get 4 points race to 21.  I also have played horse where you just basically take the rules for basketball horse for disc golf

I miss Mount Pleasant! 

How about setting it up as a course (aiming at the same basket from different directions... possibly with random obstacles in the way). 

Set up a rule sheet  for how each hole must be played (Straddle Putt, Jump Putt, Turbo Putt, etc.)

That's about as much as I got... Keep on discin!

Thanks for the ideas guys, keep 'em comin.

Shawn, good to hear from you hope all is well...going to make to MP for the Ice Bowl on Jan.22?  It's sanctioned singles, one round from the longs and one from the shorts, should be a blast : )

Josh let me know where and when you do this, it's something I would enjoy participating in!
If I get it going I'll definitely let you know!
I will try to make it, but it is a drive, and I would have to cancel some violin lessons.  I would like to!
Saturday violin lessons...come on ; )  Pre-reg on the Scene if you can make it.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968