www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Thinking of starting a putting league in our chruch gym.  What are some formats for putting leagues and/or putting games that you've done or heard of?  What's your favorite?  What works best?

Thanks

Tags: games, league, putting

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, I already talked to Mitch about the CCR league a little, but didn't know about the Detroit league...will have to look into it.

As I understand it the CCR league does something like horseshoes in teams of two in a double elimination format.

I haven't played this (or even heard of it before) but I looked it up and it looks awesome!  Looking forward to giving it a try!
I have never heard of this either.  Looks like it could be very helpful.  Thanks Gary
Horseshoes (with discs and baskets) are the best IMO. Two player teams. Pro rules is 1 point for a make 3 if you make them both. No points for metal, win by 2. Faster games if you play 2 for a make 1 for metal 5 if you make them both. At least 30' putts.

Horseshoes - Partners on opposing ends 2 discs per team. In 3 pts. off the chains 2pts. off the bottom cage/front of top 1pt. off pole or very top of basket -1 pt. have to win by 2 and finish on that # exactly ! So if you are up 19 to 18 you have to either chain out  for 2 pts. or hit the cage twice for 2 pts. or hit the pole for -1 and then put one in for 3 pts.

21 - 3 putters each

Pick a shooting order  , that person picks the distance (usually outside the circle) and the shot type  and shoots all three in a row . 1 pt. is awarded for every shot made. The person with the highest score at the end of each round picks the next location. First one to 21 wins , must win by 2.

It's real similar in Detroit however I don't know specific details do to not being to play because of work schedule.  Also, Detroit has also tried using different pools A, B and possibly C.  depending on skill level to keep competition levels grouped together.  I haven't heard anything how they liked this last week.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968