www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Thinking of starting a putting league in our chruch gym.  What are some formats for putting leagues and/or putting games that you've done or heard of?  What's your favorite?  What works best?

Thanks

Tags: games, league, putting

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, I already talked to Mitch about the CCR league a little, but didn't know about the Detroit league...will have to look into it.

As I understand it the CCR league does something like horseshoes in teams of two in a double elimination format.

I haven't played this (or even heard of it before) but I looked it up and it looks awesome!  Looking forward to giving it a try!
I have never heard of this either.  Looks like it could be very helpful.  Thanks Gary
Horseshoes (with discs and baskets) are the best IMO. Two player teams. Pro rules is 1 point for a make 3 if you make them both. No points for metal, win by 2. Faster games if you play 2 for a make 1 for metal 5 if you make them both. At least 30' putts.

Horseshoes - Partners on opposing ends 2 discs per team. In 3 pts. off the chains 2pts. off the bottom cage/front of top 1pt. off pole or very top of basket -1 pt. have to win by 2 and finish on that # exactly ! So if you are up 19 to 18 you have to either chain out  for 2 pts. or hit the cage twice for 2 pts. or hit the pole for -1 and then put one in for 3 pts.

21 - 3 putters each

Pick a shooting order  , that person picks the distance (usually outside the circle) and the shot type  and shoots all three in a row . 1 pt. is awarded for every shot made. The person with the highest score at the end of each round picks the next location. First one to 21 wins , must win by 2.

It's real similar in Detroit however I don't know specific details do to not being to play because of work schedule.  Also, Detroit has also tried using different pools A, B and possibly C.  depending on skill level to keep competition levels grouped together.  I haven't heard anything how they liked this last week.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968