www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So do I have to keep both feet on the ground when putting out to thirty feet? If so, is thirty feet the right distance?

Views: 0

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

U only have 2 stay behind your lie inside 30 ft... or else it's a falling putt and if u wanna putt on one leg go ahead just don't fall forward inside 30 feet

u can jump putt outside that range ..
I'm trying to get more control by having my power come from shifting my weight forward (or so thats the idea). I end up swinging my back leg a little, kinda like when I drive. So as long as that leg doesn't cross the lie, I'm good? I "maintain my balance" pretty well otherwise, I just set the foot back down where it started.
I tried the jump putt, and tried squaring up with the target, and it just wasn't for me. I'm new to the sport, and forehand and overhead are more than a handful to learn as it is. lol
It is 10 meters from the pole, or about 32 ft. 10 in.
Wow Dude!!!! could you leave the language at home!!!!

Within 33 ft or there abouts you must show a "maintain of balnce". Jump putts are not allowed within that distance. I watched a video with ken climo and he said when you finish putting pick up your marker/disc to show balance. IT's on youtube but i don't seem to be able to find it.:(
the pdga rule book explains it really well and only costs like three bucks. Every player should have.
Thanks Mark, I was just about to say the same thing. Daniel, please don't come to any tournaments I am at with that attitude. I am one of the #$%#% assholes that will call you when you break the rules. If you want to play competitively, get a rule book and READ IT. A sport is not a sport if you don't follow the rules. Rules make competition equal. If everybody could just do whatever they wanted it would no longer be a sport/competition. The rules use metric measurements. It is not 32 feet or 33 feet, it is 10 meters (32.81 feet)..
Disc Golf favors the metric system...however most courses are laid out in feet...go figure?
Daniel, Don't take this the wrong way dude....and I'z nose iam nose inglesh mayor. But... for the love of god and all things holy..use some punctuation, Man!!

period, coma, dot-dot, dash-dash...something! LMAO!!!!
Yeah, what he said.

Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
Daniel, Don't take this the wrong way dude....and I'z nose iam nose inglesh mayor. But... for the love of god and all things holy..use some punctuation, Man!!

period, coma, dot-dot, dash-dash...something! LMAO!!!!
It dosen't sound like he would be on one of the top cards anyway, so most of the people in his group probably wouldn't be calling hin on it, maybe a friendly warning. I know if I was in your group I would warn you and then stroke you the second time. Keep in mind, at tournaments you can also incur courtesy violations for inappropriate language.
It is always best to show balance !!!!!

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968