www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey everybody!  Love reading the forums, this is my first contribution.

Though the winter months have definitely not kept me off the DG course, it's made night disc a bit more difficult (it's just too cold).  The remedy?  Inside putting.  We have about 20' of open space in the attic of our apartment, perfect for a midnight toss after a few beverages.  The more putts I threw from the same distance (20' measured out), I started to think about my statistics.  I kept track over 2 sessions of 50 putts and here's what I got:

28/50
32/50

Now, I absolutely don't make all my 20' putts outside, but I thought I did better than this!  60% of 20 footers is pretty mediocre. 

So, anyone else been bored/addicted enough to give this a go?  If so, how are your putting stats?  I'm interested to see how these will change the more I practice up there. 

Tags: Inside, Putting, Stats, baskets, beer, beverages, putting

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see... so you beat me and then cut and run! Just kidding. Do what is good for you and your game. I think you're wise in that realization. I think for me it'd be good to have some competition like this because it puts pressure on each putt like in a tournament. I think I need to learn to mix these two elements: Feeling the pressure in the moment and also thinking clearly...having some kind of mantra or routine. I liked Felberg's idea that you think and deal with the pressure a step or two away from your mini. Then you step up to your lie, get settled and fire. I'm going to give that a try...even as I do my 100 putts tomorrow (if I get to them).
I'm with you on aiming for the 'best of both worlds' there, well said. I'm trying to set up my routine to be conducive to such a mentality as well. My mantra is "hit the link" (that I focus on) right before I putt. I'm not sure if it's working yet, but I hope it will in time.

I don't mean to bail on the competition--I hope this feed continues. I'll keep up with it as much as possible--especially when I do my putting that day.

Happy hucking!
We do indoor putting here at the Clearwater Disc Golf Store when it gets cold and rainy outside.
We also got one of those pitcher nets and if it rains for a few days in a row, we set up the "driving net" and rip some drives into it.
Now we also have a Wii with Disc Golf and the rainy day challenges are ON!
We are dedicated to the advancement of Disc Golf and immerse ourselves in it every day!!!
"What else is there?"
I think I'm going to start a new thread for my putting "throw-down" so that more people find it and perhaps get involved.
sorry to report,but he's belly up.that couild be your tech difficulty

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968