www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I understand that there are many different putting styles eg. straight, stradle, by-motto, turo, ect. But i was woundering if anyone putts like me. I am right handed but when i putt i put my left foot closer to the baskett, also i do a mix between a stradle and straight putt. so fell free to tell me yours or if you putt like me tell me.

Tags: putting

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think everyone has their own individual putting style, and at the moment theres no exact science as to what is or isnt correct form for putting. If you sink your putts consistently, then your stance works for you.
For me that is very counterintuitive -- I would be relying too much on arm power to deliver putts over 15-20'.

Normally I putt with right leg forward with toes pointing at target line and back leg straight back with foot pointing 90 degrees from target. I try to set up very fundamentally, keeping things as simple as possible. I use push from my rear leg for over 50% of my putting power which is why my putt tends to be rather brisk and on a line. If my putts are short, that almost always means that I am not using my legs enough in the putt.

I straddle if the putt calls for it (obstructions, trouble behind the basket, downwind sometimes) and in practice (something I rarely do but should do more often), if I feel I am getting sloppy with my stroke or weak with my legs, I'll go to the straddle to force me to stroke properly with good transfer of power from the bottom up.

I agree that there is no 1 correct way to putt but all quality putters have good fundamentals and confidence that they are going to make the putt.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968