www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I usually order all of my discs online, so I don't get to feel them first-hand.  How is the rim on this disc? bigger or smaller rim? 

I'm looking for a control distance driver with a smaller rim, maybe as big as what one would find on a Wraith, more preferable even as small as the rim on a Beast.   Considering the Orc and Beast are slower speed distance drivers, I thought the Orcs rim would be similar in size to it in size.

Also, is the Orc like a driver version of the Roc and Cro? 

Views: 432

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

seems like the same as the beast

its a great disc

also i remember when it was in the super fast catigory of discs...lol

The Orc has similar stability to a Wraith but the rim is smaller.  It's the same speed disc as a Beast but much more towards stable.

I'd seriously consider a PD if you're thinking of an Orc.  I threw the Orc for awhile and I didn't care for it much.  The Beast is a great disc for turnovers and long annys once it gets beat a little.

I throw all Innova with the exception of Discraft Magnets I use for wedges.  I'm looking for an Innova disc that would be a more stable, controllable Fairway wood in my bag.

Hmm.  Well I'm looking for something pretty stable, the Wraith isn't all too stable.

First, as a store owner, I'd recommend buying discs in person if possible. You will be sent "crap" discs every once in awhile because the manufacturers aren't 100% consistent, some discs turn out domey, some flat, and if you know what you like you have to go buy it yourself.

The Orc is easy to throw on long straight lines at the 300-400' range, under 300' it can be pretty overstable, especially in Champion plastic. It lacks in glide unless thrown pretty high, from my experience. Almost acts as a crossover between a fairway driver and a high speed grip and rip.

Orc should be plenty stable. I use mine in 20+ winds without an issue. Granted it's a NS Orc, but if you want a tad more stability try the Starfire? Once again though, the Orc should be just fine stability wise, but that's me.

If u are looking for a stable fairway driver from Innova then why don't u buy a stable fairway drivwr? If u don't already own a teebird then there is your stable fairway driver.

or an eagle x

Yup, love the eagle too for more of a flex shot. :)
Teebirds aren't all that stable. Innovas Fairways are more like hybrid Irons, they have small rims which ultimately makes them more flippy than the slower distance drivers. I'm not looking for a fairway driver, I'm looking for a longer club around the 10 speed. Which is how the Orc came into play.

why go innova anyhow? their discs are so inconsistent it makes me sick.  lat 64 and discraft seem better made. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968