www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm going to finally buy a champ roc, to throw I might add. I was wondering which of the molds (ranch, san marino, or ontario) is your favorite. I don't think I want the ontario roc as I want something at least moderately overstable to start out with. So I'm REALLY looking for someone to let me know the difference between the rancho and the san marino. BUT if you really love your ontario and want to make a pitch for it, go ahead. :-)

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whippet stable is a bit of an overstatement lol!! I've only have thrown Champ Rocs from the get go. I have tried all three molds and can't say I've seen a big diff, but you know Champ plastic. You have to give it a year or two. I throw a 175 Rancho mold. which is the most overstable out of the group. I've had it for approx a year with no change in it's flight. It truly is a disc that flies at the angle you throw it at. However it will still fade out at the end of an anhyzer throw, but the helix is VERY pronounced. Throw it flat it will land flat and not hyzer out. It will take on a pretty good headwind (10 to 15) with some hyzer on it and it won't turn over on you. I may be telling you a bunch of stuff you already know, but I've never thrown them in Pro or DX plastic. One last thing. I have several Champ Rancho Rocs, and true to form. They all fly a bit diff. I had one that was flippy and one that was more overstable than my current one. Hope this helps you out.

Peace!!
Thanks to all for the thorough roc education I am receiving! Pete, that link had some great stuff. Eric, where did you find those? I really shouldn't have asked the question about rocs...with all this new info I feel the tug toward being a "roc junkie." I'll never be a collector though. Discs just look akward and uncomfortable (and sad) on a wall. They were made to fly!
Ya, It's pretty sad that Innova now makes "Thrower" Rocs. So now you can buy them for around $15 to $25 bucks. Of course it depends on how rare that one thrower is! See it's Sea foam green with a rare maroon hot stamp! ONLY 50 MADE IN THIS COLOR! HURRY ACT NOW BEFORE THEY ARE GONE!!! Bidding will start at $200.00!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968