www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ive played doubles plenty of times, but never played 'worse shot' . Does the other team get to decide which shot we have to take?

and if so.. if my partner is somewhat new would I be better off letting him take the first shot to see if I could somehow make my shot appear worse than his ( maybe by being shorter ) but in a more preferable position? ( Ive played one round with him and while i may be assuming since he is relatively new, I know I am going to outdrive him 99% of the time )

Any other strategy we should be using ? 

thanks. 

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Man we are a lot alike. I don't enjoy handicapped play either.

Last week while I was taking money for our Sunday doubles league I had to listen to one guy whine that lesser players should get strokes. I told him that it is random draw so you take your chances. Also if you are good enough you should be able to win with anyone. Then he got paired up with a good player and took second. Man am I tired of the whiners. If you want to come to play then do so without any pretenses. It is random draw doubles so live with it.

I will give three strokes if a B pooler gets paired with another B pooler or gets Cali in random draw doubles. But that rarely happens. In a couple of years I can only remember giving strokes once when a B pooler got Cali.

To answer your question yes. Ultimately worst forces you to stay on your toes. I like this formate because every one has to play the rounds that way. Be conservative and the rest works it self out. Also talk to your partner about every shot. It's not the time to run a lot of shots considering that you will both have to putt out to complete the hole.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968