www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What in the world would posess a 915 rated player to play in the rec division? I was looking at the people at the Walk The Plank for this weekend and was stunned to see a 915 rated player in the rec division. 

Why do people do that. To me that is like a college football player taking on bunch of 6th graders. 

Just wondering.

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is very weak!!
I play rec at 863. I have a 940 something rated round coming in after they freaking update my win Saturday. I threw a 896, and a 831. I will play rec until I can win consistently at rec or hit over the 900. I am very inconsistent. I could shoot a 51 or a 66 any given day. Probably for the 915 rated player he wants plastic. I have too much plastic and really could care less. If you saw a 863 rated player you think he should play rec? what if he is very inconstant. my ratings consist of 4 700 rated rounds most 800s and about the same 700s as 900s.
what is the difference between recreational and novice
If I were throwing at 850 I would play intermediate. Part of the goal is to get better all the time. You get better by being around better people. So what if you have a bad round, we all do.
theres really no difference
no it is a 940. I won the SC Junior championship and had the round of my life.
rec has better players ha.
no that just one round. I have a 896, 831 and 940 something next update.
Sometimes, a upper level player is on the way done. Or maybe they were a Grand Master and thier skill set has fallen off. Or even maybe there is an injury we aren't aware of.
But it falls on the TD to make sure the particpants are placed - by PDGA tournament rules and ratings - in the proper divsion. If a players rating allows them to play in a division, then it is thier right to play where ever they like. Of course, most real disc'ers would place themselves in the most appropriate division for thier skill set.
not that it has any bearing on the question at hand, i'm an 868 rated player that plays intermediate.

but for the question... is "walk the plank" part of a series? i believe that if a player competes in a series where points are awarded and collected, but the rating inproves, he/she will still be allowed to compete in the lower division that person started out in. at least until the series is over, or they play in a tournament not part of that series.
I think it is personal preference if you are allowed to play in the division fine.My personal preference is i am rated at 788 i can shoot 870+ I played rec 1 time,will never do that again the quality of the players is less than moving up(took 3rd in a non sanctioned event 2 of my best rounds ever).I personally will keep jumping up divisions ready or not as long as I can compete until open,there are NO SANDBAGGERS in open. Just my opion.
Just call the TD or send a quick email and ask him about the situation. Chances are it was a mistake. Generally, the PDGA grants waivers when the rating is within a few points of the cut off - even for "Series" events. Series players still need to get waivers before playing down or they risk disciplinary action.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968