www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What in the world would posess a 915 rated player to play in the rec division? I was looking at the people at the Walk The Plank for this weekend and was stunned to see a 915 rated player in the rec division. 

Why do people do that. To me that is like a college football player taking on bunch of 6th graders. 

Just wondering.

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The two have been moved to intermediate.
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=10074
sometimes during registration, people get placed randomly andit sounds like someone notified the TD and this was corrected. If you have the rating, you can play where you want, but if you are higher than the allowed number, someone just has to mention that to the TD and it will be fixed. I have seen some registrations use "ghost names" to make the sign up look more busy than it actually was as well.
If the guy you're complaining about is now the 915 guy in Int. don't come down too hard on him. Its only his 3rd event and maybe he's still trying to figure out where he belongs. Public callouts can backfire.
It was a 915 guy who was in Rec. On Int I would have not problems or questions. Personally i would play advanced but that is me. I might even consider open and get my butt kicked. OF course I think I would do advanced and then do open at a smaller event.

The problem was 915 at REC level.
After looking at the stats here I my thoughts. Players who have won in Rec. and moved up to intermediate should not be trying to play Rec again unless your rating drops.
contempt prior to investigation can lead to embarrassment IMHO .
My point was don't point the guy out on a public forum. It's not hard to figure out who you're talking about. Maybe he doesn't know the rating system. Its only his 3rd event, its not like he's made a career of bagging in the Rec division. Contact the TD and leave it at that.
I wanted to throw something in here.... I recently played a 2 round C tier and played Rec (rated 876). I've played the course before and usually throw +6 - +8 (54 par casual rounds)... the tourny was set for 58 par for Rec and Int. (I didn't know this when I signed up). Well I shoot 59 on the 1st round (924 rated) and 58 on the 2nd (934 rated), so 117 total.... I finished Second Place in Rec. (1st place took it by 2 strokes). I did feel bad when 3rd place came in with 125 total.

I had a great round (best I've ever played). I did not run at any of the CTP's (which a couple were SURROUNDED by OB) and I didn't throw myself into trouble... very SMART golf! SO... was I baggin?? I don't feel I was, I know for a fact that there were other guys that played Rec that beat me every week in the local minis.

Needless to say.... I will be playing Int. in the next tourny...
My opnion is not really. The basic rule seems to be once you in Rec move up. Or if you have a bunch of baggers you throw a couple of great rounds. i just know that I am moving up soon. I still have not put two good rounds together. I will have one good round on saturday good enough to be on the top card of Int. and then the second round everything when to hell in hand basket with 7 OB throws. I dropped down to 4th or 5th. I was so mad at myself.
For whatever the reason im sure it can be explained. There're sandbaggers out there, but for the most part I think most people want to play at their ability or higher.
talking about baggers... I won my advanced masters division this past weekend in a B tier event. And when I turned in my scorecard on the final round the TD yelled out BAGGER. So I yelled back I'VE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR THAT FOR YEARS!
Okay people time for confession. I threw a 923 round which was my best round ever. The worst part is was not even the best in the division. I was knew I was throwing great. Now comes my problem. My second round was 839.

So what did I learn from this exparience?

Nupe it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZftNahnECw

Or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C06-nq1UPiI

Before and after every round. (okay three times a day, before, inbetween, and after

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968