www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My son is playing in his first tourney tomorrow. He has one competitor and his rating is 121. He shoots around high 50s to low to mid 60s. 141 143, 145 was one of the guys tournaments. That guy should not be playing in tourneys. He plays novice.

Whats the lowest rating you have seen.

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mathematically a negative number is possible but no one has done that yet. That 121 might be the lowest I've seen. I don't think we've had a 2-digit rating ever. You know you're struggling when the number of throws you make in a round is greater than your rating for the round. But beginners have to start somewhere. Tournaments do a great job for spurring players to learn to play better.
That can't be the rating, that has to be the actual scores he threw for the rounds, right? High 50s is only a handful over par and that can't be that low of a rating. Confusing post.
I can confirm the rating and it's based on 7 rounds with a 260 rating currently being the next lowest.
Im talking about the competitor not my sons
Holy crap!
that guy is the guy that makes us feel better about ourselves!! without people worse than us, we would have trouble sticking with the competitive side of the sport.
I'm guessing a good athlete could grip the disc with his teeth and throw a 121 rated round. Then he would need superior chiropractic care for the next few years.
I don't get it.. Why not wait till you know how to throw straight first?
Alright guys I know its all fun and games but Ive played in three tournaments that paul (one of the 121 rated players) has played in. He is a good guy just a little slow if you know what I mean. So lets try and keep the bashing down to a minimum, all that matters is that he his out there playing and having fun like the rest of us
As a TD, I'm fine with the very low rated players playing tournaments so long as they play right along and try hard to count all their throws. I know a former amateur world champion who started out at 466.
I agree with Josh and Bruce - you 've got to start somewhere. Anyone who wants to enter a tourney should be able to and encouraged along the way.
That is one of the greatest advantages to this sport - the chance to play regardless of ability - keep encouraging new players to come on out and participate.
Remeber, the biggest drawback of "regular" golf, besides the cost, is the snobby attitude and exclusiveness exhibited by talented players. The last thing disc golf needs is for the current players to exclude newcomers; that is no way to grow a sport.

Keep up the good work guys.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968