www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Do Pros play everything as par 3 in tourney play, regardless of whether or not the post says its a par 4. Some posts say Pro 3, and Am 4. I know the Ams at AmNationals play the signs. Thanks.

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with the idea that we need a few more 4s and 5s. It adds so much to the game to have longer shots or more difficult shots. We play all threes at our home course and hole 11 is just impossible. Im game for expanding! :)
Im just relating to ball and club golf I guess, which is not the sport in discussion. However, in golf.......the one with a little white ball.......courses are set up so players have the opportunity to birdie everything if they play well. A 600 foot hole, even if it is straight and clear all the way to the chains, is not set up to be birdied if you play by the new norm........all threes. The sign might say 4 which is how I would enjoy playing it but, if pros are playing that same hole as a three, then I would rather do that to try and make myself a better player. I just dont understand why they change par, if the sign says 4 than play it 4. Its simple. In ball golf, they dont have the pros shoot all threes just because its easier to keep score.......thats just lame. Just my opinion, courses say what par is on the post and Im all for sticking to that.......but who really cares what I think....
Thats what I try to tell everyone but it doesn't get through. Thanks Mark.
If you play tourneys more or play scored rounds you probably play all par 3s regardless of sign because it is so much easier to figure out your score on the score card that way. I try not to think about my score until the round is over during these events.

If you were just starting or if you're one that keeps track of score every hole then I can see why you'd go by par3s, 4s or 5s depending on the course. But in my experience veteran players go by all 3s when talking about a course and its usually newer players that give a score of a course based on the actual par of the course.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968