www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What are some good drivers to use if I do not have a whole lot of snap.

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@nick 8 ^^^good call haha

Gotta second all of these but the Tee Bird. A brand new Tee Bird is a tad stable for newbie distance drives until it breaks in.

Also I'd say if you aren't throwing over 300 just get an overstable mid like a Roc or Buzz and stick with those until you see significant improvement.

If you want to hit 275'-300 with a nice flex and not a lot of power then Champion Sidewinder is for you. I have had to retire all of my old DX plastic & have bought just about every new disc out there (Innova & some Discraft)

So far the Champion Sidewinder has become my go to open field driver. I also keep a 150 and 165 Star Sidewindeers in my bag. In the woods I have been using a Star Leopard.

I have just got a Glide & Buzz to see how they work for me. I'll keep you posted.

I would recommend an Avenger SS, lots of glide. easy on the hands in esp, and also is made in 150 class.  Might also think about a  Stalker, nice fairway driver and just as eay to control because of the smaller rim.

Sheila

Preach on Sista Sheila!!!
A Valkyrie is a good disc for a beginner that is starting to throw better. But, if you are really new, try a Leopard. And when you get better, You'll learn how useful that old beat up Leopard is...
Love the Halo!!! But Dook is right, if you dont arleady tote a Nuke or an Ape (or something really fast and overstable) I do not recomend geetting the Halo.

I would have to agree with many of the discs people have brought up due to them being understabe which is amazing if you have the room for a big swooping s curve to get distance but i will also throw this out there... Discraft Stalker or Tracker! These discs are just plain stable, they hold a line like a Buzzz (will go where ever you point it). i use them for all kinds of thing, mainly tunnel shots but as far as beginners go... these guys are meant to go along way with minimal effort and snap with very little fade at the end of flight.

And you will love to throw these discs long after you drop your beginner status. When you figure out your snap, realease these guys at 7 oclock and watch flip then glide up to 400' (no joke... cool discs)

I threw my New Elite Z Stalker for the 1st time Yesterday. I Friggin' LOVE that that thing. Throwing into a head wind in a field. It would try and turnover ever so slightly. Put a tad bit of hyzer on it and Zoom. Away it went. AWESOME disc! Wasn't getting 400ft out of it, but it goes Nice and Straight. 

The ESP Cyclone flew AWESOME too. A lot like the Stalker for me, just fades MUCH harder at the end. Both EASY discs to throw! 

I know a Few Gals , now throwing the Archon and Vulcan far !

just keep hukin different discs in different weights man, take the time to learn what you can throw best not what others can

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968