www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i am in florida on vacation and was today informed by a local golfer that yesterday was the last opportunity to play the Red Hawk Course in Crystal River. Evidently the Plantation Inn complex has been sold to an individual who is not dg friendly. I was set to play it tomorrow, darn it all!!!

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was at this years Players Cup...and I heard that could be a possibility....mostly we heard that they may not host next years event.....But some scuttle about losing the course altogether......That really sucks....didn't want to believe any of it. What a waste.
Booo, to the new owner!
That totally sucks!!! I love that course, and it is the way that disc golf should be done. Boo to the owners. They basically have nothing to do except collect the money. Cheers to Sun King for getting the course in the ground, and I know that he did everything possible to keep the course in the ground. Now two of the best courses ever have been lost in Florida. The Canyon and the Red Hawk. This is really frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPDGA-Tim said:
wow --that is some big news to me ,,redhwk is 15 minutes up the street and i was going to play saturday ,i played like a week ago and there was nothing said .

that sucks ,,but atleast ill know mike will put up a new course and it will be great .
I just texted Denny to see if he knows what is going on so we can get an official statement.
Just texted Denny Ritner and "officlal" word is course will be probably be open for about 2 more weeks. :(
Lets play Red Hawk! I will try to be there Saturday. Maybe Sun King will have a "Final Flight of The Red Hawk" Tourney. Time to discover another Quarry!
I would give Mike a call in the morning at the shop before you plan on heading out this way. I am out camping till next Wed.
another blow to the N. Florida Disc Golf Scene....

She was fun while it lasted.

THanks to everyone who helped make this course and The Players Cup possible.
Just talked to the Pro Shop. They said "Red Hawk is playable until Mike pulls the baskets out." He said around Jan. 15th.

Trying to get a hold of Mike for specifics.

East Coast is going to make a road trip for sure before this beauty closes its doors.

Another sad day for disc golf in Florida. :(
i just spoke to the pro shop at plantation and they confirmed it will be in until "some time in mid-january".
That sucks. Boycot the new owner's property or something. Keep it leagal but make a stand.
:(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968