www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

alright here is one that you dont see everyday, we were playing a casuall round and one of the players in our group threw a drive that went out into the road, while the rest of us were taking our drives a car popped over the hill and caught the edge of the disc laying out in the road and flipped it up and it rolled back in bounds !! as this was so unusuall and there was no rulling in the pdga rule book we could find that described something like this, so we went ahead and let him play it from were it rolled back in, and we didnt penalty stroke him for it.

so what would the officiall ruling be on this ? fyi.it had come to a complete stop before the car kicked it up and it rolled back in bounds.

and while we are getting a ruling on this, a few months ago i had a drive on a hole that when out to the rd, hit a passing car which nocked it back in bounds ! was that safe ?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IT WAS A CASUAL ROUND DUDE!!!! THERE IS NO RULING, ONLY WHAT YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE DECIDED.

Oh, now we understand, different set of rules for different rounds. How lame is that?
IF YOU CAN SEE THE DISC COME TO A STOP THEN IT IS OB
IT DEPENDS ON IF YOU SEE IT STOP
PHIL LOYD said:
IF YOU CAN SEE THE DISC COME TO A STOP THEN IT IS OB
IT DEPENDS ON IF YOU SEE IT STOP
WE ALWAYS PLAY FOR MONEY SO THE RULES ARE IMPORTANT . IF THERE IS NO RULE THEN YOU VOTE ON IT
Rules are pretty clear there- it had come to rest OB and shall be played as OB.
hey guys thanks for all your comments, i appreciate the info, Russell your right it was a casuall round, and we didnt make a big deal about it that day, as a matter of fact, we come to find out wrongly let him play it as safe, when it happened we collectively acknowledged that none of us had seen this happen before, and all agreed we would probably never see it happen again, so we let him play it as safe, we were just currious as to how it would have officially been ruled had it been a tournement, and do to the oddety of the situation and the lack of information we could find in the rulebook, i posted on here in hopes that someone could answer this for us, partly for future reference should it happen again, but out of curiousity more than anything, because as i said, its doubtfull we will ever see that happen again, but then again you never know !!

once again thanks evryone for the info
Learned or re-learned something new today, alright!!!

So, I guess if the disc gets caught in the grill of a car that is still moving means it is OB even if the car has not come to a complete rest. LOL. It has happened.

Thanks for the new knowledge DC and the clarification, Chuck.
you know in this case maybe it just might be considered safe ! check this, what if after you launched your prized.....Jaguar or arrobie into some guys grill, but you managed to get the car to " without stopping " turn around come back to the course and drive out onto the hole your on so you could retrieve your disc, well that should be safe !?!? as the disc never stopped moving until back in bounds, and heck, you might as well have them drive up close to the basket before you retrieve your disc, so you have an easy putt !!

fellow disc golfers you might want to remember this, just in case it happens to you ! LOL

nitegolfer said:
Learned or re-learned something new today, alright!!!

So, I guess if the disc gets caught in the grill of a car that is still moving means it is OB even if the car has not come to a complete rest. LOL. It has happened.

Thanks for the new knowledge DC and the clarification, Chuck.
If it's apparent the car driver intentionally drove back onto the course and even toward the hole, then the disc returns to the point of contact in the OB street based on the 803.07 clause pertaining to intentional interference. No collusion allowed.
LOL thanks Chuck, i figured you would shoot down my perceived ( totally not serious ) loophole, i am sure going to be disappointed if that scenario happens, oh well rules are rules !
Believe me, I've heard of people strategizing about loopholes where maybe a caddy could do something that was actually legal and help their player.
One of the good ones is leaving your bag in a good position to block a disc rolling away down toward OB on a missed putt. Just make sure on your follow thru to be far enough from the bag that if the disc does roll toward the bag, no one would think you could get to it fast enough to pick it up.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968