www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am trying to get a group disc golf score keeping and statistics program going www.rbqsoft.com/discgolf. I added a note about three weeks ago about the site. I was hoping that it might be useful for league play as well as for friends that play. The site allows players to be grouped and then add rounds for the group. Adding a round in simple, a grid with all group members is shown, and you just fill in the scores for the players who played. The program will email all participants a summary, give statistics, standings, handicaps and wins, losses and ties. Am I missing requirements that may make this site useful for someone who runs a league? Does the person running the league typically bring information about the league to the course (i.e. player's handicaps, standings, etc) If so what information would be useful and how would you want it organized if a print option was available. Would a mobile (cell phone) interface be useful for any of the site's features? If so, for what features? Is it necessary to track ace pools? Any suggestions that may make a league manager's job a bit easier will be appreciated.

Tags: disc, golf, group, keeper, league, score

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

FYI www.rbqsoft.com's/discgolf has moved to its own domain www.DiscGolfGroupStats.com.
Discgolfscene.com does many things, DiscGolfGroupStats.com is meant to do 1 thing an that is to keep track of disc golf group or league scores, standings and statistics.
Hey Rick,

I've been meaning to get back with you since your last post. I run the weekly league at Northside. I have attached a pdf of what I bring out every week. I also have a points race that I have a seperate printout for. I currently have a spreadsheet and go in and manually add scores each week and adjust the formula in the handicap column (I use the last 7 scores to calculate the handicap). I would be willing to use your software if it would use the last 7 scores. Send me a message and maybe we can get something set up.

Brian
Attachments:
Hey Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me. The site does currently allow you to set up the handicap algorithm for the group-course combination in several ways. 1) You can specify how many scores to use in the calculation. 2) You can pick from 3 different types of moving averages. It sounds like you'd like the Simple Moving Average, there is also a weighted moving average and an exponential moving average. 3) It allows you to set up a max score if you desire, in case the player is having a bad day and stops counting. The max score can be set to be 'n' strokes over par or 'n' strokes over the players handicap. This keeps a really bad round from affecting the handicap too much. Looking at your spread sheet, I noticed you are tracking aces. I could add that functionality if you desire. Also you record the actual score vs strokes relative to par. Will that be an issue? An lastly, my handicap calculation uses the opposite sign. This a player that shoots 10 over par is a +10 vs -10. I used to play in a golf league and that is how they did it. Is the custom for disc golf, the opposite of the other golf? I am willing to make any changes to make the site more usable. I could meet you at the course 30 minutes before the league plays and we could discuss any changes. Let me know if you are interested. Also if given your spread sheet I could probably write a script to import all your players and scores. To email directly: rbeery@yahoo.com.

Rick
I wondered if tracking aces and ace funds was needed. It sounds like it is, so I will start to implement that feature. The grid for adding scores will now include a field for aces. The group-course information will contain the total amount in the ace fund, a max payout value in case the fund gets too large and you want to keep the pot bigger for the next ace and the amount per player per round that is contributed towards the fund. If I have missed a requirement let me know.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968