www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm trying to dye a disc for my wife for Mother's Day but the dye isn't taking.  Is anyone else having problems with this?

Tags: Disc, RIT, dye

Views: 2227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rit changed their formula a few years back and the new stuff does not work. I was told that a dye called IDye poly formula works but I have yet to try it myself.

There is still RIT dye in the old formula out there in the powdered form that will work. You will have to go on DCGR and find the dye thread. They have a key chart indicating which dates and codes to look for when you are buying the dye. It's such a pain in the butt, and since there are Pro Dyers out there that do such a great job, farm it out.

"Wicked Dyes" does an insanely good job. Cassidy is a graphic artist, the dude is uber talented and very professional.

I just dyed a bunch of discs with liquid RIT I bought off the shelf.  I did not have any problems.

Ive done it recently. Are you warming up the dye?

What kind of plastic? I recently used the powdered Rit dye on some discs and it worked quite well.

Yeah DX and Pro D types of plastic do not take dye very well.

I'm using Champion plastic which I've never had a problem with when dying and I am warming up the dye.

You picked up some of the new rit then.

Somebody always has to mess up a good thing.............LOL. The EPA has only tested 200 out of 82,000 chemicals to find out if they are safe, maybe their first test in 5 years was on RIT Dye? Bastards!

I dyed two DX TeeBirds and it took the dye quite well. The one disc in my bag has faded over time however.

liquid rit will say nd on the bottle "no dye" and i'm not 100%sure on the date but i've used powder dated from the beginnning of 2011 still works....on the powder box theres a date code stamped on it kinda hard to see sometimes but thats what you are looking for preferably pre 2011...check out dgcr....all the info is there...

I went and picked up some powered RIT and it worked just fine.  Thank goodness...now I have a really cool gift for my wife for Mother's Day.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968