www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Tiger Woods has his Sunday Red.  Wade Boggs ate chicken before every game.  Michael Jordan wore UNC blue shorts under his Bulls shorts for luck.  I have to wear orange board shorts and a blue University of Kansas football jersey when I play.  If I am in a tourney, I'll wash them at night and return to the course in the same attire the next day.  I swing both arms two times like I am hitting a golf ball before I begin my run-up on the tee pad.

What are your rituals or superstitions when hitting the course?

Tags: rituals, sports, superstitions

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always put my left shoe on first, and I always do the same order of stretching before I play.
Never wash the "game" off your discs before an event.......
For good karma I have to end my practice putting sessions with a made putt. I've had to sneak a few drop-ins after the 2 minute warning before to keep it alive.

When my bag tags flip over I wil fix it so the number is visible.
I played this local Ice Bowl this year... Jay and Des Reading were the TD's. Part of the players pack was a E.D.G.E. mini marker... well half way through the round (not a good round bty)... I pull out the NEW mini because Jay is right there, just sittin back watching the players, and I nail a 25ft. putt! I was hyped up but Jay was yelling for me also.. that was sweet!

Since then I only use that mini...
I try to use the same mini as long as I'm playing well too. I'll also ditch it after a bad round cuz it's an easy thing to blame it on.
No real rituals here...not consciously anyways. Superstitions....while still playing, I don't like discussing scores with players in other groups especially those who have already finished.
You know pro athletes are some of the most superstitious bunch out there. There are so many stories out there and most all pros have them.

As far as rituals go before throwing, you should have something that you do all the time and do it every time. Best thing you can do is putt the exact same way every time. When I have simple toss in throw from 5ft, just outside of dropping range I do the same thing every time. Last thing I want to do is miss a gimme putt.
Yeah that was my problem, the bad mini. It was the minis fault not my shankapotomus
I just show up and play.
on concrete pads, i hafta clean the pad off before i throw, i dont like being focused then step onto a twig or something and having my foot slip and roll
Superstitions are great--even if they are just superstitions--they keep things interesting--I need my yin-yang Supercolor Discraft Challenger mini in my right cargo short pocket for every game; If I had a good round in a certain hat, it gets worn every round until I have a poor round; I always throw an odd number of practice throws before a round; my 8X KC Pro Aviar always stays in the bag for good JuJu...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968