www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi

Me and two friends from Norway are going to the US this week for a roadtrip. We land in LA on the 8. The rout is not set but we are planning to drive trough the following

cities. LA - Las Vegas – San Francisco and down to LA again.

The thing is that non of my so called friends I travel with play Discgolf so I have to be selective with where I will play and where I will purchase Discgolf things..

Anyone have any suggestions to where I can play and to where I can do my shopping? :-)

It would also be cool if there was a competition I could join while there..

Best regards

Lars

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Boise Idaho is Beautiful, and so is our discgolf.
In LA area you can play la mirada. The last time I played there they had a pro shop on the course. Go to Moab UT and play Base Camp. Its ranked the 3rd most extreme disc golf course (Iraq and Antarctica are the other 2). You can also stay in a navajo hogan and experience the native american way of life. Moab also has arches national park, dead horse point, famous slick rock for Mt biking and 4x4ing. In SLC UT you can still hike the course at Solitude ski resort. Hole 18 is a 1219 foot down hill throw.
If you can only play one course on your road trip. It would have to be De La Veaga in Santa Cruz CA. It's about 2hrs south of San Francisco. One of the best course in the country. The cool thing is. Your buddies can drop you off at the course and then they can have fun in Santa Cruz. It's a cool beach town with a board walk and killer grub in the downtown area. I always tell people, Pizza My Heart is a must!
Golden Gate Park in San Fran is also a great course and once again. Your buddies can drop you off and check out the park as well as the stuff in it (De Young museum etc..)
As far as places to buy stuff, that's tuff. There is a so called pro shop at De La, but they don't have much. S.F. you might catch the local pro selling stuff, but that's just by luck. S.F. has random dubs on Tuesday around 4:00 to 5:00 PM. If you are near Sacramento, CA there is a pro shop and a killer course, but that might be out of you way? If not it's called Shady Oaks in Orangevalle CA.
Still out of all of these courses. De La in Stana Cruz is a MUST!
Have a fun and safe trip!

Peace!
While you're in Los Angeles you should check out Oak Grove in the city of Pasadena (1st disc golf course), La Mirada in the city of La Mirada (it has a front 18 and a back 18) and El Dorado in the city of Long Beach. The only good pro shop you can visit (that I know of) is Discovering the World in Buena Park. Here's their Web site:

http://www.dtworld.com/

Have a great trip! Maybe I'll see you at El Dorado.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968