www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I think not!!!!

what do you think?

what do you not like about the Roc/Buzzz?

i like them both but if i had to choose one to throw into a lake of acid it would be my Roc

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Neither! they both SUCK! Old school discs from a distant time. Ther are sooo many better discs to use these days. Face it, it you need 10 Rocs in your bag to do all these differnt things.... it aint worth it. Same for the Buzzz! OK, so you only need a Cryztal 2nd 1st run in FLXz plastic. Enough already!
The Buzzz works so well for me that I've never really considered switching to a Roc. I tried them and like them, but I'm not going to mess with a good thing.
Just not the same disc or used for the same thing.
Not comparable.
Compare to Mako or XD.
The Roc has been "butter on the bread" longer than the buzzz has been misspelled...
A Max Weight KC Pro Roc of any run will never let you down.
The Roc is a utility disc used for a specific shot...
I have owned both, but have gone to throwing entirely Innova within the last year or so. I too thought that I would never jump on the old Roc bandwagon. However, I now own six of them. They just go where you want them to, and they don't take any shit from the wind. Any disc that fight the wind is a friend of mine. I really have no other choice here in New Mexico.
I like the ESP plastic personally, but that wasn't always the case. When I started out I used Roc's for a variety of shots and ended up loosing all of them - never got 1 returned. After that, for a while, I had phased midranges out of my game completely, but that was really not helping. Enter the Buzzz, enter bliss. I think it is the most responsive mid on teh market and likey wouild get my vote for the best.

Sam Smith, I would recommend trying an ESP Wasp in place of your Roc one day, you'll be plesently surprised at it's ability to fight the wind.
I agree, they're both different discs and I use them both depending on the shot...they're both utility discs.
I couldn't get a Roc to agree with my grip, so two years ago I just stopped throwing them. I've since changed my grip so I might like them now. Since, I've been throwing only Discraft mids because of the way they fly the way they're supposed to right off the shelf. I find that a new Meteor will go right, buzzz slight right to finish straight, or left depending on which one I use, I carry two, and the Drone to go dead straight and finish hard left. All 3 discs feel the same or very similar in my hand and I would rather carry 4 discs designed for particular shots then 8 of the same molds being broken in differently. The Meteor will fade into the nastiest headwinds everytime. Try one out. Sorry if I got a little off topic.
Depends on whats comfortable to you.
I pick both. I've tried bags with just one or the other, but feel a lot happier with both. Different discs for different throws.
I say we throw both of them in a lake and if they float then they're witches and we have to burn them!
I agree the buzzz (especially Flx) feels great in the hand. the roc is a little rigid, and uncomfortable IMO
you mean the drone into headwinds... right? meteor + headwind equals upsidedown disc

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968