www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have a Discraft Buzzz in my bag but I've heard a lot of good things about the Rocs.  Any preference between the two or a better suggestion as far as a mid-range disc?

Tags: Buzzz, Roc, mid-range

Views: 465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

a light buzzz pairs well with a heavy roc (buzzz under 168 and roc over 175)

Not about power at all w mids. Just get a little more height on your throw w a smooth release and you will get your distance. Its crazy when u figure out how easy you can throw a mid and get big distance. It will change your game. As I was told in the past.... Play A round w just putters and see what they can do. W a little more height you still get good distance and the added control makes all the difference.

I actually have a Star Skeeter that glides like crazy straight to the pin.  I love it!
Cool, thanks for the good advice.

I will have to say the buzzz! I like my classic roc for a few shots but my staple mids are my buzzz's. I have a Ti, Z, and flx and I compliment them with an opto fuse. The classic gets its fair share of shots too though, however...........the buzzz takes the cake for me!

I have carried two Esp buzzzes and two rocs (one KC pro and one Star) in my bag for four years now.  I have to say I love the buzzz.  The buzz is a really straight flying midrange and it has great glide.  IMO it will go further than a roc.  Buzzzes go how you throw them.  Throw it flat and it can travel on a frozen rope, throw it on a slight hyzer and it will fly straight with a slight fade at the end.  Throw it high with an anhyzer angle and it will fly right and hook up at the end and land flat. I still haven't broke in my buzzzes to the point where one will have a bit more right turn but I look forward to it.  I keep the KC pro in my bag as it has beaten up well and become a tad understable.  Thrown flat it will slowly turn right or I can throw it on a hyzer line and it will flip up and ride straight.  I also use this disc for slower touch shots as I find it is easy to control because of this understability.  I put the Star San Marino Roc un my bag when I lost my drone.  I honestly don't throw this disc much.  It flies straight with a fade at the end of the flight, or it will turn harder when thrown with hyzer.  I am thinking of replacing my rocs with possibly a comet or meteor, and either a drone, wasp or hornet for my star roc.  Best of luck. 

I carry both, because for me. The Roc can handle the wind better. However, when I was new to the game. I could not stand the Roc, but that was because I was still learning how to throw. Now that I have a better understanding of the technique required I love  my Roc!

Soooo why not carry both?

I have carried BOTH. I prefered the Buzzz over the Roc just because I carry a Under Stable mid, a Straight Mid, and a VERY Over Stable mid. Carrying One mid Mold has never done it for me. So, the disc that has replaced my Buzzz as my Straight mid is the Star LYCAN.  I am REALLY liking the Lycan. Doesn't turnover quite as easy on me as the Mako, GLIDES FOREVER, and goes STRAIGHT. My Over Stable mid is a Star Gator and my Under Stable mid is a Star Kite. I gots my basis Covered. :)

DGA Aftershock.

I concur!

No 2 discs draw such passion I must say. For good reason too, they are both great discs. The feel on them is completely different and they net vertually the same results in different fashions. I too threw the Buzzz when I first started, mainly because I just didn't like the rim on the Roc. Once I got the hang of throwing mids I switched to Roc because I kept over shooting holes with my Buzzz.

Recently the Westside Warship has come out, and my idea of a mid has changed. It has the long smooth glide of a Buzzz, and when slowed down it behaves like a Roc. It has more glide and stability than my Buzzz, and is more accurate than my Roc due to the slower arm speed. Loving the Warship.

Nothing wrong with any of these discs.

old champ cobras are my go to mids,but i do rotate a buzzz,warship,and an ontario roc into the mix when i'm away from my home course.so figure out what works for you and feels good in your hand and throw it.good luck and happy hucking!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968