www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Should I buy a Roc, when it seemes like everyone else got one or should I stay with my Core?

Why?

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

....is this a trick question???
Thx ur really helping out.
Buzzz.

Sorry could not help myself.
I just ordered a Core and a River of the Lat 64
get both??? I can't help to love my Lat64 disc. It's the grip of them. I am in FL and it's just humid as hell everyday. You sweat as soon as you leave AC. But since switching to Lat64 disc I haven't had to use my birdie bag once. I love my buzzz a whole lot. And the core doesn't really fly like a buzzz at all for me. But it does fill that same void. I can throw my core just as well as I can my buzzz. I like the buzzz mold more....but the grip...the grip keeps bringing me back to the core. But I mean have both. You will find a situation for both of them. Yeah they might fly the same and both do the same job. But you might feel more comfortable throwing each disc in different situations. So if you have room for both....carry both.
I have a buzzz and a core. I love the core, I can rip it out on a hyzer and it will flip flat and glide for decades. Its similiar to the buzzz though, its definately slower but if you rip it out flat, it will turn over and sail. Took me a few to get used to it. I can throw it as hard as I want now, but more power equals more hyzer release.

I will however be picking up a classic roc, Im not into the feel of the normal roc though so I will stick with what I have.
Have you ever tried the Fuse by Lat64. I here its like a comet!
It is almost 100% identical. I was amazed. It might actually have more glide too!
I throw the Core and a Roc. I carry three of each all the time, beat in at certain levels. I say have both since they compliment each other very well. I get more distance with the Core and it is very easy to control when throwing full pull shots but on the other hand the Roc just seems easier to throw more finesse type shots such as turnovers and shots were i need less power and more control. I also throw two different Roc molds, Ontario which is a great turnover or finesse disc, and Rancho which is more overstable and is very predictable .I have always thrown Rocs and the Core has fit right in my bag since trying it out a fews years back. Hope this helps a bit.
well, i can't stand the few molds of rocs i've tried, KC Roc, San Marino, & Classic. none of which gave me any confidence. i haven't thrown the Core, i want to. i love my FLX Buzzz.
Roc !

Buzzz

I mean how can we discuss Roc or Core since the Roc v. Buzzz has not be brought to a safe conclusion.
Yeah Yeah Yeah....Buzzz, Wasp, Drone, Meteor...Buzzz again ...Don't leave out the new mid by Discraft....Could have some potential. Oh!!! That being the 2010 Ace Race Disc. Not Bad...Not Bad at all!!
It's a matter of preference...I don't like beads so rocs are out for me.
Cores seem more forgiving than rocs as well.

The down side of the Core is it is a bit fast and can skip when hyzered so I had to quit using it near OBs and for short approaches.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968