www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Should I buy a Roc, when it seemes like everyone else got one or should I stay with my Core?

Why?

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use a comet/wasp combo but for the listed options, I say dx ranchero roc.
I'm not sure that I'm digging the Roc as much after throwing the Wasp for so long. A Wasp seems more forgiving on releases relative to the Roc - they seem to have a similar flight pattern so it is up to thrower. I feel that I have to throw it differently than other similar mids...I don't know, maybe it is psychosomatic thing but I feel like I have to think about it when I throw a Roc.

The only thing that drives me crazy is I love how a Roc flies when it gets beat in. At the same time it does look similar to the flight of a Comet. Personally, I think I'd rather have a beat Roc (Comet) right out of the box and just have a stable-like Roc (Wasp). My mid game is pretty much all Discraft...Comet, Wasp, and Drone.

To be on topic now...I haven't throw a Core.
I've thrown both. The Core, for me, was a tweener disc. I found it to fit almost right between my Roc and Buzz (as far as stability), but it was also longer than both of them as well. One thing you might want to look at, is the Roc+. Same flight but a better feeling grip wise. I've only seen them in Star plastic.
I keep hearing all this talk of the Buzzz and Wasp. Crazy, but I carry all three. I find them to be totally diff. discs. So getting back to your question. The Core imo is pretty close to the Roc. If you can, throw a friends a few times. It's just to close of a call.
Too bad they don't make a Pro D Wasp huh?
Yeah Yeah Yeah....Buzzz, Wasp, Drone, Meteor...Buzzz again ...Don't leave out the new mid by Discraft....Could have some potential. Oh!!! That being the 2010 Ace Race Disc. Not Bad...Not Bad at all!!
Stick with the core! Best plastic and mid ever made in my opinion

I have now been playing for a while with my core and noticed that it´s abit understabile. So I am going for the great Mako now. Just ordered a DX Roc, hope it is great

Experiment and see what flys best for yourself. A Core is less stable for me than a Buzzz. I have a ton of snap , so maybe that's why I throw a Roc. There are different types of Roc's also. Make sure it feels right in your hand first. Try one of your friends disc's if they have one.
i love my core, but in windy conditions i flip to my pain that is more overstable and will not flip. if i really want to anhyze i choose my fuse. :) get em all! :D
Just get a Buzzz.  Found a buddies Buzzz the other day next to a pin, picked it up and ace'd the next drive.  I used to be a non-believer too, but now I have seen the light ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968