www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have only ever owned 175g Rocs because that was the weight of my first one and it worked great. I have had dx, glow, and KC pro plastics and my favorite is glow(they usually come out flatter on top) followed by KC(for being slightly more stable than the others) and Finally DX for its ability to beat in fast and having a little more glide.

I lost two the other day in one round on back to back holes(the greenery is out of control at my course) and need to replace them and buy some backups.

I was wondering what I should expect if I was to buy lighter or heavier weights.

Tags: Disc, Roc, Weight

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I only use rocks when its very windy,so stable 180
If 175 was working for you I suggest you replace with the same weight.

For me, I can flip a 175 Roc easier and get a little more D out of them. However, I like to throw 180g because I think they are less prone to flip. As my 180's break in, they start to straighten out, and eventually turn ... but it's a more controllable turn (not a flip from overpowering the disc).

Throw what works best for you!
What do you use as a midrange when its not windy? I've been thinking about trying out a cro to see if I like it.
Any Roc over 174 should work great. I have thrown most all the weight ranges from 180 on down. Stick with what weight you know best for you !!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968