www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi, longshot here, but I was wondering if anyone uses a TL for rolling. I have completely fallen in love with this disc over the past season. I used to use it for sweeping hyzers for a couple years, but this year I found that I love a 168 Star TL for hyzer flips, anhyzers, hyzers...basically anything, it's my Roc of a driver. Also to me, it is the most comfortable driver EVER. Which got me thinking after I lost my beat up sidewinder...I should use this disc for a roller perhaps. I think I still have to beat mine up a bit...but I plan to start cycling this disc through the bag, so I'm sure I'll get one there this year. Some discs just keep getting better and better.

Anybody out there roll the TL?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I personally haven't rolled my tl but by the straight flight pattern along with the slight understableness (don't know if that's a word) it seems to me that it would be a consistent roller once you got the pattern down. Usually when I attempt something like that I will throw all of my disc's to see what type of different rolls I can get with them. For your info I use a CE leopard as my roller.
Try rolling a Pro Firebird !!!!
i roll mine. only for the long distance rollers though. for the touch rollers when i need it to fall between 250 and 300' i use a roadrunner. but my tl stands straight longer than any other disc i've tried. it'll stay straight untill it just falls over. doesn't turn and curve for me... it just stops!

but yeah, it's my go to disc for any shot. if i played a course with only one disc.. you guessed it...172 tl.
I too have a 171g Star TL and it's one of my favorite disc. It is super comfortable, I use it for sweeping hyzers.. long anny shots... anything ! . Haven't tried the rollers though. I'm definitely grabbing more of these for back up. The disc just gets better with age I think. I'll have to go out into a long open field and fiddle with the rollers.
Full Contact Disc Golf said:
i roll mine. only for the long distance rollers though. for the touch rollers when i need it to fall between 250 and 300' i use a roadrunner. but my tl stands straight longer than any other disc i've tried. it'll stay straight untill it just falls over. doesn't turn and curve for me... it just stops!

but yeah, it's my go to disc for any shot. if i played a course with only one disc.. you guessed it...172 tl.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear!

This year I'm building my bag very deliberately upon three discs. The challenger, the roc, and the TL...I want to learn to really lean on that core...the rest will come after that.

It felt like an epiphany when I thought, why not roll your tL?
I can name a guy that throws a TL for rollers...Ken Climo. Nuff said. On another note: Hey Brandon, why the Challenger? Why not the Aviar. A Challenger is just a cloned Aviar. I am just saying. You are learning 2 of the greatest disc, the Teebird and the Roc why settle for a Challenger?
Good post. I've never considered rolling the TL but I certainly use one often on the course. I'll have to try it soon.
Jamie said:
I can name a guy that throws a TL for rollers...Ken Climo. Nuff said. On another note: Hey Brandon, why the Challenger? Why not the Aviar. A Challenger is just a cloned Aviar. I am just saying. You are learning 2 of the greatest disc, the Teebird and the Roc why settle for a Challenger?

Ah, here we go with the challenger challengers... I've thrown the aviars (all of them). They are fine putters, I just like the way the challenger feels better. If you hold all the discs together...and I've owned them all at one point, it's clear that the challenger is not an aviar.
The first Run CE Teebird TL is one of the best discs for rollers. I love the control they give me on the ground aswell as the air. I have found that I am so comfortable with my roller now I just throw everything in my bag. I treat them as separate degrees of stability as you would for flight. They all react on the ground pretty much how they would in the air. Your flippy plastic falls over fast and your stable plastic holds the line forever. Remember your throwing a roller, not an anhyzer that happens to roll over all the way. There is a huge difference. Put some mustard on it and get that as much RPM's as possible on the disc. You can tweak your release to allow for less or more "flight" before they hit the ground running. However, my go to roller disc is this cash money Red Flat Top 2nd Run CE Valkyrie. It is the best sky roller disc ever made. I can throw over a 50ft tree and land it 200ft out on the fairway and still get it to go 500+. That's my rant, Good Luck.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968