www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

When playing in tourneys, at the intermediate level, I am wondering how much to enforce rules. Somethings just drive me crazy. 

not marking a putt, walking up and picking up the disc and dropping it in. I mean come on just drop in another disc. 

Stepping forward, across the lie, on a putt inside 30 feet (10m). 

Not being on the teepad when driving

Throwing from your lie. Not three feet to the side of the lie. If you do a run up on 2nd or 3rd throw who cares if you are off by a tish, I can understand that, but this is no regard for the lie. 

So my question: Do I call these. 

I have tried to suggest that they do not develop bad habits now. After all we are a basic product of our  training. My last event, I would have won if these rules were enforced. And not from calling them, if they were followed I would not have lost by one stroke. One guy made a nearly impossible shot after he stepped aside by three feet with no regard for the lie.  He never could have made the shot otherwise. And if I called everything, he would have won by 30+ stokes. He could not putt over 10 feet. So he always stepped over the line. 

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I better keep my mouth shut. It feels weird.
LOL !!!!!
How hard is it to just drop another disc in the basket from your "gimmie" so that you're following the rules and not making anyone "uneasy." You say that it makes the group uneasy if people are strict about the rules... I think you have it backward. I'd say it makes more groups uneasy if you're ignoring rules that you think are silly (like putting out on gimmies) because no one likes being the bad guy to say something about it. BTW I would never call you if you were clearly tossing a disc back to your bag (that was more than 2m away), BUT if someone else in our group called you on it, I'd have no choice but to second the call and assess you a stroke. Get in the habit of following all of the rules all the time (even the no tossing back to the bag over 2m thing) and you'll never have an issue with anyone.
I had the same problem today except I called violations clear and blatant ones, and I was just ignored and the other guys were like oh this is am3... well fine do a jump putt but jump putt from behind your lie and not 5 feet in front of it.

Talking to the TD did nothing, if the call wasn't seconded because they were all buddies of each other on my card and buddies with the TD then what do you do?
get better and play a higher division?
go to the PDGA site, pay the proice and take the officials test. That way (if you pass) you will have an ID card to show you know the rules (make sure you do) and that you want them enforced. It does give you a little more credit when calling infractions. If the TD fails you, contact the PDGA with complaints. It sucks, but sometimes you have to do it!
Register a complaint against the TD to the PDGA? He should have disqualified the other guys on the card.
Seen that Often : " well fine do a jump putt but jump putt from behind your lie and not 5 feet in front of it.
Not that it's going to work anyway. Try developing some snap!
Atleast Carry a Rules Handbook if any questions Arrise !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968