www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In many states medical marijuana is legal. My question is since the rules only state illegal drugs, does that mean that one that smokes (and is legal) during a sanctioned round is A>breaking the rules. B> not breaking the rules. Since the pdga sanctions tourneys world wide and in several countries the drug is legal, does the laws where the pdga is headquartered superseded?

Views: 526

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's like taking a seeing eye dog into a restraunt, they can't stop you. Spark it up. Just keep some extra cash with you to bail yourself out.

Couldn't you just spark it up before the round? Surely you don't need to keep blazing during the round.
Couldn't you just spark it up before the round? Surely you don't need to keep blazing during the round.

Good question.

Why not ask.................

PDGA

A lawyer

A Government Representative

try edible treats and tinctures! no one will be the wiser.

Because.......

i am not a current pdga member and those boards are for members. Also most rules questions here are asnwerd with rule book quotations and real life scenerios.

I am well aware of my legal standing, I want to know how it would be handled in a tourney. Lawyers give legal advice for a living, a handsome living I might add. What would 99.99% of lawyers know about pdga policy any way?

Government Representative would be like pulling teeth, most are unaware of any particulars on a law that brings them no lobbying $$$. What would they know about pdga policy any way?

I may be wrong but I could not help but detect a little sarcasm in your post. thank you very little.

Not the same for me, anyway, like tequila to beer.

many tourney rounds are 3 hours plus, I use for the effect, after a while everything wares off. when it wares off for me I get pain and loose focus. I am very discrete not sparking a huge blunt at the t-pad more like I stray up wind out of sight and smell range to keep it (the effects)effective.

I simply want to know if I could expect a problem from someone, and if it is a problem am I in the right?

Here's the thing. MMJ is generally legal IN YOUR HOME. Use on teh course violates a number of rules and is detrimental to the sport. I am quite experienced  (Jimi) not just beautiful. Others seeing you will assume that you're just a stoner and breaking teh rules. As earlier stated, it's not against the rules to imbibe before or after the round. If you haven't had edibles that affect you for eight hours, I suggest you find a new source. The proper edibles eliminate your pain and suffering for quite a long time. During the round you can always hold a lighter in front of your face and take three DEEP breaths. That will simulate taking a toke for your brain.

No sarcasm given.

Usually I have an answer for people or I know who to ask.

But your question was difficult, so I gave some examples of who one may ask.

This is a touchy subject.  A subject that is in debate on lower and upper levels of politics.

And has been in debate for decades etc.

So please relax, most people who answer these discussion posts are not azzhole looking for a fight.

95% sure, there's no specific rule stating that you can't use it.  The applicable rule is that you can't break state, federal, or local laws, ordinances, etc. 

Marijuana's not legal here but in places where it is, is it legal in public parks?  If not, the question would be limited to private courses.

With the disclaimer that that's from memory; I'm too lazy to look it up.

I see folks burning daily. DAILY !!!! DAILY !!!!  DAILY !!!!!!!  Yes , alot of folks Burn in somekind of device.

In PDGA sanctioned tournaments and requests made by the Tournament Directors , that answer is no.

Always check with City and Park regulations . I know some players who carry their 420 card  !

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968